Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by dyrmz134 View Post
    Thanks for all the advice !

Dealer called back today to ask if I was interested in a ‘22 Makai that someone had ordered and backed out last minute. Is available in about 30 days.

Seems about ~ $10k more than the kaiyen with a few less options (heater , under water lights, etc.) but still nicely optioned with chill tech , premium wet sound package etc. 400 motor.
    You may inquire about a heater install at the dealer. Underwater lights can be added easily if you want them. Everyone here will be happy to spend your money but my advice is DO IT!

If it’s still 30 days out can you pick colors and other options or is it too late for that?

The only thing I'll say as an owner of a makai with similar crew size is you'll need more weight. I have 500lbs of lead and upgraded rear bags and just added midship bags to piggyback off the existing subfloor. With a small crew size the makai seems to need a lot of weight to really make that wave pop.
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Minnesota

If your up for a larger boat and a little extra $ then 30 days would be awesome vs a year with price increases. Heater is nice but not 100% needed and can be added pretty easy aftermarket as well as under water lights. Benny32 is right with a small crew it needs more weight. I haven't went to the extreme he has but I do have extra weight and it will likely get a bit more this year for when its just my family in the boat.
    2021 Makai

Quote Originally Posted by benny32 View Post
    The only thing I'll say as an owner of a makai with similar crew size is you'll need more weight. I have 500lbs of lead and upgraded rear bags and just added midship bags to piggyback off the existing subfloor. With a small crew size the makai seems to need a lot of weight to really make that wave pop.
    The dealer rep said the wake makers in the rear is usually enough to help a small crew. I guess you can always want a better wave !

Quote Originally Posted by RUGER761 View Post
    If your up for a larger boat and a little extra $ then 30 days would be awesome vs a year with price increases. Heater is nice but not 100% needed and can be added pretty easy aftermarket as well as under water lights. Benny32 is right with a small crew it needs more weight. I haven't went to the extreme he has but I do have extra weight and it will likely get a bit more this year for when its just my family in the boat.
    Thanks ! Good notes.

Quote Originally Posted by Max20 View Post
    You may inquire about a heater install at the dealer. Underwater lights can be added easily if you want them. Everyone here will be happy to spend your money but my advice is DO IT!

If it’s still 30 days out can you pick colors and other options or is it too late for that?

Too late for colors. It’s triple black exterior with the pecan chill tech interior. Idk if I would have built it that way , but IMO is pretty slick looking.

Got any pictures of it? The size difference in those two will be pretty noticeable. But I love my Makai and the room it gives you. Sounds like a good chance to go bigger if you think you may need the room.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub

You guys will have a blast just getting out there together! I love to tinker and putting a little money and sweat equity to maximize the experience is half the fun.
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Minnesota

Quote Originally Posted by benny32 View Post
    You guys will have a blast just getting out there together! I love to tinker and putting a little money and sweat equity to maximize the experience is half the fun.
    Thanks!

Do you have the wake maker bags in the rear?

Quote Originally Posted by dyrmz134 View Post
    Thanks!

Do you have the wake maker bags in the rear?
    I do. They were a day one upgrade. I did a couple passes with the stock bags for comparison but they didn't last long. So much bang for the buck.
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Minnesota

Quote Originally Posted by HFarr View Post
    Got any pictures of it? The size difference in those two will be pretty noticeable. But I love my Makai and the room it gives you. Sounds like a good chance to go bigger if you think you may need the room

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
    Not great photos's- all I've got is a screenshot from the dealer quote.

2CC9B10F-59CF-4E1A-8095-7F9F40FFBC16.jpg 219B56A9-6B45-4F95-95AE-F22110614E15.jpg