Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

As someone adding a surf pipe and heater to my 21 Makai I would highly recommend getting it done from factory. I kick myself for not getting them on the original order. Welcome and from one first time surfboat owner to another you guys are gonna love it. I'll also add that you should also plan to upgrade ballast after delivery. It's a relatively cheap upgrade with huge results on the primary function of the boat. You can rear bags that literally just drop into replace the factory rears and you have do is readjust the fill timer.
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Minnesota

Adding a surf pipe after the fact is a PITA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Congrats on the order and welcome! Its a fun process to order one the exact way you want it. Lot of options to look through and colors/patterns.
    2021 Makai

Quote Originally Posted by HFarr View Post
    Definitely get a surfpipe! So much quieter ride quality. Heater seems like a luxury you can do without, and you can. But, you will be surprised at how much you will use it once you have one. So go for it!

I'm in NC so I think it will extended the season somewhat and help in the cool am's.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    +1 surfpipe
    +1 on heater
    Probably can build a better sound system aftermarket for similar $$

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by benny32 View Post
    As someone adding a surf pipe and heater to my 21 Makai I would highly recommend getting it done from factory. I kick myself for not getting them on the original order. Welcome and from one first time surfboat owner to another you guys are gonna love it. I'll also add that you should also plan to upgrade ballast after delivery. It's a relatively cheap upgrade with huge results on the primary function of the boat. You can rear bags that literally just drop into replace the factory rears and you have do is readjust the fill timer.
    10-4 I'll make sure we order those. I hear 500 lbs of lead will make a huge difference with not much work. I assume the g6 pumps and flow 3 are worth doing on a new build?

Quote Originally Posted by RUGER761 View Post
    Congrats on the order and welcome! Its a fun process to order one the exact way you want it. Lot of options to look through and colors/patterns.
    For sure- am told mid-may to head to the dealer and place official order.

Quote Originally Posted by dyrmz134 View Post
    10-4 I'll make sure we order those. I hear 500 lbs of lead will make a huge difference with not much work. I assume the g6 pumps and flow 3 are worth doing on a new build?
    Absolutely get the G6 pumps for faster filling/adjusting/draining and I'd recommend the Flow 3 as well.
    2021 Makai

Quote Originally Posted by RUGER761 View Post
    Absolutely get the G6 pumps for faster filling/adjusting/draining and I'd recommend the Flow 3 as well.
    Yep, those are two items that peeps ask for during resale.
    2018 Supra SL400

Quote Originally Posted by dyrmz134 View Post

For sure- am told mid-may to head to the dealer and place official order.
    How large is your typical crew size?

Lead makes a huge difference... we're up to 700 lbs in our Kaiyen and the wave keeps getting better.

Picture from this weekend trying to burn off some Easter candy with just the wife and 2 kiddos in the boat. The more people you add, the longer and rampier the wave gets:

Last edited by rhouse181; 04-19-2022 at 01:19 PM.
    2020 Kaiyen

Yes on my 2 cents as well on the G6 and Flow 3.

2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub

Quote Originally Posted by rhouse181 View Post
    How large is your typical crew size?

Lead makes a huge difference... we're up to 700 lbs in our Kaiyen and the wave keeps getting better.

Picture from this weekend trying to burn off some Easter candy with just the wife and 2 kiddos in the boat. The more people you add, the longer and rampier the wave gets:

You need to go post this under the April Picture thread topic. As Far as I can tell you are the only one that has gotten on the water this month! Hats off to you!!

2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub

Quote Originally Posted by HFarr View Post
    Yes on my 2 cents as well on the G6 and Flow 3.

Thanks for all the advice !

Dealer called back today to ask if I was interested in a ‘22 Makai that someone had ordered and backed out last minute. Is available in about 30 days.

Seems about ~ $10k more than the kaiyen with a few less options (heater , under water lights, etc.) but still nicely optioned with chill tech , premium wet sound package etc. 400 motor.