Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
Results 91 to 97 of 97
  1. #91
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Location
    South Georgia
    Posts
    1,199

    Default

    Awesome!!

    Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub

  2. #92
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    North End Lake Lanier GA
    Posts
    8,155

    Default

    For those of you wanting a Surf pipe you have the option to goto Fresh Air Exhaust and get one for your boat.

    I had one of my 08 when the FAE was a new idea, then the very first one for a Mojo I did the mark up for FAE to build it on my 13-

    Great product and I am pretty sure that they were some of the first to make them before the dealers started to OEM them.

    https://www.freshairexhaust.com/
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

  3. #93
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Hockley, Tx
    Posts
    936

    Default

    Boat look great!! Congrats!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans
    WakeMakers 1350s in the rear & 1K in Lead

  4. #94
    Join Date
    Mar 2022
    Location
    Winston Salem NC
    Posts
    79

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HFarr View Post
    Awesome!!

    Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by TXSurf4 View Post
    Boat look great!! Congrats!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks!

    Full day on Belews lake tomorrow. Will report back on results.
    2022 Makai 400
    15.5x8 prop
    Chilltech
    Premium Wetsounds Package
    WakeMakers bag upgrade

  5. #95
    Join Date
    Mar 2022
    Location
    Winston Salem NC
    Posts
    79

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dyrmz134 View Post
    Thanks!

    Full day on Belews lake tomorrow. Will report back on results.
    13 hours in... misc. thoughts

    - The prop discussed early in this thread (15.5 x eight) seems to be great (basically sea level elevation) with my normal crew + 2 adults. Pulls well out of the hole with a smooth top speed. Added 3 more adults and 3 teenagers (so, 8 people over 150 lbs) and seemed like with full ballast it didn't like full throttle starts or sharp turn pulling a 3 person tube (no ballast). It could hold speed, just seemed to be working really hard.

    - Chilltech is pretty sweet, only gets super hot if the boat is sitting in the direct sun with no wind for 45min+, otherwise manageable

    - Rear shade is a good idea, but since you "can't" drive with it up, I basically never use it

    - Audio seems good right out of the box with minimal adjustments on the head unit

    -I've got the rear wake maker upgrade but I've got to move the sensors up, so basically running stock ballast. I'll say that even being the case, I'm not unhappy with the wave. Looks great, just not quite enough push.

    - I see why people buy thrusters...
    2022 Makai 400
    15.5x8 prop
    Chilltech
    Premium Wetsounds Package
    WakeMakers bag upgrade

  6. #96
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Hockley, Tx
    Posts
    936

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dyrmz134 View Post
    13 hours in... misc. thoughts

    - The prop discussed early in this thread (15.5 x eight) seems to be great (basically sea level elevation) with my normal crew + 2 adults. Pulls well out of the hole with a smooth top speed. Added 3 more adults and 3 teenagers (so, 8 people over 150 lbs) and seemed like with full ballast it didn't like full throttle starts or sharp turn pulling a 3 person tube (no ballast). It could hold speed, just seemed to be working really hard.

    - Chilltech is pretty sweet, only gets super hot if the boat is sitting in the direct sun with no wind for 45min+, otherwise manageable

    - Rear shade is a good idea, but since you "can't" drive with it up, I basically never use it

    - Audio seems good right out of the box with minimal adjustments on the head unit

    -I've got the rear wake maker upgrade but I've got to move the sensors up, so basically running stock ballast. I'll say that even being the case, I'm not unhappy with the wave. Looks great, just not quite enough push.

    - I see why people buy thrusters...
    Good feed back! It will be interesting to see how you feel the 15.5x18 does once the bags fill up full with the same crew.
    2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans
    WakeMakers 1350s in the rear & 1K in Lead

  7. #97
    Join Date
    Mar 2022
    Location
    Winston Salem NC
    Posts
    79

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TXSurf4 View Post
    Good feed back! It will be interesting to see how you feel the 15.5x18 does once the bags fill up full with the same crew.
    More feedback, the 15.5x18 is not the right prop for the ballast upgrade and a full crew. It "will" get on plane, but man it's working hard and takes 10-15+ seconds of WOT.

    I just ordered a prop puller and a 15.5x16.5 (OJ 932). I'll keep my 18 as a backup. I was tempted to order the 15.5x15 but figured that would be a large change and I'm usually only with that big of a crew one day per month or less.

    I think I'll be getting some lead at some point (probably once I get a different tow vehicle) so I'm glad to be changing props. I will say though, if you surf with a light crew, or don't surf much at all with a larger crew, the 18 is very fuel friendly and does great at low elevation for everything else.
    2022 Makai 400
    15.5x8 prop
    Chilltech
    Premium Wetsounds Package
    WakeMakers bag upgrade

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •