Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Norris Labor Day weekend trip

A friend of mine is getting married in north Knoxville on the Saturday of Labor Day weekend. Well not letting a silly marriage ruin a prime lake weekend so I found an Airbnb at Hickory Star Marina on Norris.
    Went ahead and got the house Thursday-monday, owner said you cannot get a trailer up to the house due to the curves in the road, but its not a problem to rent a covered slip for the weekend and truck and trailer parking. All this happened Sunday and the marina didn't open until yesterday. Called the marina to get a slip and parking spot and found out they are completely booked for the entire weekend. No slips, no parking. She said if I got in late Thursday I should be able to park my truck on some pavement with the boat backed into the grass. However I will have to put the boat in and out of the water while "guarding" my parking spot.
    I was wondering if anyone knew the area or had any better ideas before I drive almost 4 hours to not have anywhere for my truck or boat
    Josh
    2021 Mojo, Sold 7/15/22
    2023 Supreme S240, on order

You can stick it at my place for the weekend but Im about 45 minutes to an hour from hickory star back in west knoxville. Will do some digging and see if I cant find a place for ya to drop it close by for the weekend.
    2019 Craz
    OJ 950
    Wakemakers bags
    Heatercraft triple heater

I have friends in Lone Mountain Estates about a 10 minute boat ride but also on the other side of the lake. The drive would be rough but you could leave in the community dock.

Bubba brews will rent out slips by the camp sites again across the lake but closer.
    2015 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

The closest marina would be Waterside.

Thursday night be OK. Most OH and KY folks probably arrive Friday.

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk
    2018 Supra SL400

Bring something good to save your spot when putting in/out.

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk
    2018 Supra SL400

The trick is to put out a couple of cones that say "Official parking only. Others will be towed". That way everyone else is scared to move them.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub

Thanks guys! I found a perfect Airbnb on the other side of the lake but the drive to the wedding venue was then over an hour. Seems like all the good stuff is over there haha
    Will be going with plenty of friends so we could block the spot with another car just if it’s that tight backing it and the boat back in could turn into a nightmare.
    Also I trailered all year last year so really unless I could find somewhere 10-15mins away on the Water I could probably have it off or on the trailer faster.
    The Airbnb host is trying to pull some strings but I have had thoughts of canceling and finding a house with its own dock just this place was much cheaper
    Josh
    2021 Mojo, Sold 7/15/22
    2023 Supreme S240, on order

We did a Labor day weekend trip to Norris and stayed at an AirBNB near Hickory Star 2 years ago! The house that we stayed in had a dock, so we just left the boat in the water. When I put the boat in Friday morning, Hickory Star was a madhouse and I parked on the hill back by the swimming pool. When I came back Wednesday for my truck it was the only one left in the field, and it appeared that someone had used my trailer as a place to squat and take a very nasty #2... People are gross!
    Last edited by korey; 04-15-2022 at 09:23 AM.
    2018 Moomba Craz | Autowake 2.0, Zero-Off, G6 Pumps | Captain Blue/Dark Graphite/Silver Flake | Enzos + Lead

Quote Originally Posted by korey View Post
    We did a Labor day weekend trip to Norris and stayed at an AirBNB near Hickory Star 2 years ago! The house that we stayed in had a dock, so we just left the boat in the water. When I put the boat in Friday morning, Hickory Star was a madhouse and I parked on the hill back by the swimming pool. When I came back Wednesday for my truck it was the only one left in the field, and it appeared that someone had used my trailer as a place to squat and take a very nasty #2... People are gross!
    Ohhhh, nasty. Must have been someone from Ohio, the TN folks know how to use their Outhouses.
    2018 Supra SL400

Yea, if you are on the North side of the lake, no easy way around. And it's a big lake.

Bubba's Brew has easier access to North Knoxville via Rt33/61 Maynardville Hwy. I call it the east side of the lake - opposite from I75.

Closer to I75 would be Stardust, Waterside, or Sequoyah.
    2018 Supra SL400