Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by bergermaister View Post
    My neighbor owns a dental practice. Said during the less than 1 hour appt a patient came in, did their cleaning, went back out, the cat on her Honda was gone. Broad daylight in a fairly reputable area. I subscribe to a Neighborhood watch update thing and literally every day there are reports of cats being snatched. A sawzall with a good blade and a couple minutes is all they need.

Thank GOD I live in the country and work from home. But I wouldn't be surprised to come out of the hardware or grocery store one day and have a WTF situation on my hands.

Our latest report is the sheriff won't respond (or even bother to report it) unless it's a life threatening situation, there is an identifiable suspect, or it is more than $5,000 of stolen property. Not because they don't want to - because they can't.

Rural is the place to be!! When I retire I will move even more rural. I hate thieves as well OP! You just gave me another reason to like my Chevy Bolt (no cat). Too bad it can't tow the MOJO>
    2015 Mojo Surf

I'm sorry that happened to you @sandm

The incentivization of crime is bewildering to me. I work in Norcal, and the legislative inability for the police to enforce laws and punish criminals is civil destruction.
    2016 Starcraft Limited 1918 (sold)
    2021 MB Sports B52 Alpha (coming April 2021)
    2020 Toyota Tundra TRD Pro
    2022 F-150 SCREW PB (ordered 12/2021...still waiting)
    B-737 (Work Vehicle)

Quote Originally Posted by Guppydriver View Post
    I'm sorry that happened to you @sandm

The incentivization of crime is bewildering to me. I work in Norcal, and the legislative inability for the police to enforce laws and punish criminals is civil destruction.
    I think it's important to keep in mind that it's not the police officers themselves that are just being lazy. They're doing the best they can. They're overworked, underpaid, the citizens they serve have it out for them these days, & there just aren't enough of them to be able to deal with everything. In the grand scheme of things, it's much more important for them to deal with the domestic abuse & runaway child than it is to try and track down the needle in a haystack that is a missing catalytic converter. I know it's frustrating, I'd be frustrated too, but it's important to keep in perspective. It's sad how our world has come to a place where there is no respect for the people each other anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by SorryCharlie View Post
    Rural is the place to be!! When I retire I will move even more rural. I hate thieves as well OP! You just gave me another reason to like my Chevy Bolt (no cat). Too bad it can't tow the MOJO>
    Rural rocks! Half the doors on my house don’t even have locks! I’ve had only a jerrycan of gas stolen since moving out here 11 years ago. Can’t count how many times I’ve forgotten the keys in the boats overnight and the quad key never leaves the ignition.
    2020 Moomba Mojo
    2008 Mastercraft Prostar 197 40th Anniversary
    Owner Ness Lake Watersports
    Wakemakers “Exact Fit” Bags + Lead = 4,700 ballast
    Audio by Wetsounds, MTX, JL Audio, Clarion
    15 X 13.00 ACME prop

Friend of mine in Atlanta just told me his son's catalytic converter was stolen off his 2015 Tacoma in the Lakeside Highschool parking Lott yesterday during school.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub

said it's one of his main businesses now
    Did you ask how much to just buy back yours?

Seriously, though, the company in the suite next to mine, had their cats stolen one weekend from two of their work vans last year.
    Last edited by MLA; 04-16-2022 at 08:13 PM.

Scrap yards are completely culpable on the crime. Just as guilty as the thief.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Scrap yards will buy the over or under the counter. Too much easy $. It sucks.
    2018 Supra SL400

Speaking of thieves, my grandfathers house where I kept my boats got broken into Saturday night. Broke the realtor lock box off the porch railing They took a ton of snap on tools, the garage door opener remote,went through the whole house tried to steal a motorcycle, they spent time working on it trying to get it to start. Had the side covers off replacing fuses and such. But the thing that got me is they took both of my buffers and about 130 dollars worth of 3m cutting compounds and wax. Had all my cleaning supplies in a milk crate, they cherrypicked the good stuff from my cleaning crate and left a bottle of rubbing alcohol and a bottle of diluted vinegar. Installed my trail cam and a driveway alarm connected to my home setup in hopes of catching them. Im glad that I sold the bu and that the mondo is tucked into a friends garage. The driveway alarm went off about 130 last night so I went charging over there hopin to catch someone. My dad was stopping in to check on the place, Wife had panicked and called the police, so I had to go back about 10 minutes later and explain the situation to them. Hopin I can id a vehicle and catch them if they return.
    2019 Craz
    OJ 950
    Wakemakers bags
    Heatercraft triple heater

Oh man, that sucks. so sorry to hear that.
    Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190