Default 2020 Max Summerization

Hello All!

Happy almost boat season for most of us! Second owner of 2020 Max which we absolutely love.

Had it winterized in September at dealership, but have a few questions. Apologies if they’ve been asked or covered here…I couldn’t seem to dig up any of this info.

Does anyone have a detailed list of what has to be done for summerization, or where I might find such a list?

And, to my knowledge, winterization was primarily antifreeze treatment, so would it be ok to run the boat without having the summerization done? If not, are there a few things I could do to run it in the lake before having it summerized?

Thanks so much for any info! Love this forum and have a great season!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Best bet is to call the dealer. When I take mine in to the dealer in November they winterize it, change all the fluids, replace the water pump impeller and do whatever else needs to be done. Then when we are ready to put it back on the lift in the spring we just drop it in and fire it up. Obviously we put the hull drain plugs back in and I will idle the boat on the trailer for a few minutes with the engine hatch up to make sure there are no leaks but it is pretty easy. If you are up north and they actually put antifreeze in the system then there might be a different process that is why I say best bet is to just reach out to your dealer.
    2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans
    WakeMakers 1350s in the rear & 1K in Lead

I second what TXSurf4 said.

My boat is ready to drop in after I make sure the drain plugs are back in and the valves for the water pump and ballast are open.

The boat sits with the smart charger, so batteries are good.

The motors will have blue plugs to winterize and drain. Need to make sure those are tight and back in. See your manual.

Check the plate for the water pump. Brass screws.

Check the hose connections around the water pump and heat exchanger.

Check your lines to the ballast bags and fittings. Also does not hurt to check your pumps if any impellers were changed. Brass screws. Check the connections from the lines to the pumps.

2018 Supra SL400

Quote Originally Posted by TXSurf4 View Post
    Best bet is to call the dealer. When I take mine in to the dealer in November they winterize it, change all the fluids, replace the water pump impeller and do whatever else needs to be done. Then when we are ready to put it back on the lift in the spring we just drop it in and fire it up. Obviously we put the hull drain plugs back in and I will idle the boat on the trailer for a few minutes with the engine hatch up to make sure there are no leaks but it is pretty easy. If you are up north and they actually put antifreeze in the system then there might be a different process that is why I say best bet is to just reach out to your dealer.
    Thank you, man! Every dealer might be a bit different…we are in Alabama and the dealer said specifically no fluids or impeller change in Fall. They do that in the Spring…which we plan on doing, just wondering if we could run it for a weekend or two prior to that. I appreciate your help!

Quote Originally Posted by MJHSupra View Post
    I second what TXSurf4 said.

My boat is ready to drop in after I make sure the drain plugs are back in and the valves for the water pump and ballast are open.

The boat sits with the smart charger, so batteries are good.

The motors will have blue plugs to winterize and drain. Need to make sure those are tight and back in. See your manual.

Check the plate for the water pump. Brass screws.

Check the hose connections around the water pump and heat exchanger.

Check your lines to the ballast bags and fittings. Also does not hurt to check your pumps if any impellers were changed. Brass screws. Check the connections from the lines to the pumps.

Definitely! Thank you!

Where in Alabama are you and who’s your dealer?
    2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

Quote Originally Posted by haknslash View Post
    Where in Alabama are you and who’s your dealer?
    Lake Martin - there are two in this area

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk