Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by JHCMondo View Post
    For second wave your back foot should be right over the forward half of the mast. Front foot should just be shoulder width if not a little narrower.

I suggest you get a better foil setup since you've gotten over the beginners hump. Better gear will mean faster progression.

Btw great boat and excellent color combo. You have great tastes.

I've got the same boat!
    Wish I could say I picked the colors but we bought it used. Told my wife I would do same colors but gray bottom if I did a new boat. I love the Brittany blue!
    2019 Craz
    OJ 950
    Wakemakers bags
    Heatercraft triple heater

Buy once cry once.

I recommend an Armstrong HS1550 V1, 60cm fuse, 72 cm mast and 232 tail. That is something you can grow into.

If you want more stable then Armstrong cf1600, 70cm fuse, 72cm mast,cf300 tail. This should be pretty stable and when you get better you can change out the fuse and tail. The cf1600 is rock solid stable and carves pretty well so it's extremely fun. The entire bost loved it. One of the guys was trying to jump it off the wave

I suppose you could go to a cf1200 then both you and your wife would be in the weight range. Only problem.wirh that is she'd be on the low end so great for her and you'd be on the high end so probably have trouble on 2nd wave. Never ridden the cf1200 so can't comment on it.

You could buy the 1600 for you and the 1200 for the wife. It's 3 screws and 5 minutes to change out.

I own the hs1550 v1 and have demoed the cf1600.

For the board it doesn't matter as much. But some thing 4' 6" would be good and make things a bit easier. Higher volume makes it easier as well.

I would avoid Liquid Force and slingshot.

I also know Axis is a good brand that a friend rides. I've never ridden them myself so can't comment.
    Buy once Cry once is what I’d like to do!

I REALLY appreciate this and I’ll look into your recommendations.

I like the idea of 1600 and 1200 and a quick 5 minute change!!

Any other recommendations welcome. Thanks again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You'd probably have a lot of fun on the 1200 in the first wave. But if you wanted to ride the 2nd wave it's probably on the small side for your weight.

Anyway basically the shorter the fuse the more agile and better turning it becomes. Aka squirrelly and twitchy for a beginner. The smaller the tail has the same effect.

For Armstrong the number for the front and back wings represents square centimeters of surface area. So hs1550 is 1550 square cm.

The more surface area on the front wing the more lift it will have generally speaking. For the back wing the more surface area the more stable it is generally speaking.

Stay away from short, small low volume boards as a beginner. A bigger higher volume board will make things easier to start and save you during some touch downs and breaches.

I use a slingshot Wf1 wake surf board. It's 4'6", high volume. It's worked out pretty well for learning and has saved me many times during breaches and touch downs.

Quote Originally Posted by eder10986 View Post
    Buy once Cry once is what I’d like to do!

I REALLY appreciate this and I’ll look into your recommendations.

I like the idea of 1600 and 1200 and a quick 5 minute change!!

Any other recommendations welcome. Thanks again!

Last edited by JHCMondo; 08-26-2022 at 11:11 AM.

I personally like the build quality of Armstrong. Look at the mast. It's one solid piece. Other companies screw the mast into a bracket that then screws into the board. Also I like that they use different metals for the screws and nuts to avoid corrosion. I think it's titanium bolts and some other metal for the screws

You'd probably have a lot of fun on the 1200 in the first wave. But if you wanted to ride the 2nd wave it's probably on the small side for your weight.

Anyway basically the shorter the fuse the more agile and better turning it becomes. Aka squirrelly and twitchy for a beginner. The smaller the tail has the same effect.

For Armstrong the number for the front and back wings represents square centimeters of surface area. So hs1550 is 1550 square cm.

The more surface area on the front wing the more lift it will have generally speaking. For the back wing the more surface area the more stable it is generally speaking.

Stay away from short, small low volume boards as a beginner. A bigger higher volume board will make things easier to start and save you during some touch downs and breaches.

I use a slingshot Wf1 wake surf board. It's 4'6", high volume. It's worked out pretty well for learning and has saved me many times during breaches and touch downs.
    Ahhh. Thanks for the explanation. All starting to make a bit more sense now!

Rode with @mxmark4 last night. Here are some pics.

2018 Supra SL400

2018 Supra SL400

2018 Supra SL400

2018 Supra SL400

2018 Supra SL400