Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

First ride on the foil this past weekend. It comes out of the water so fast! Need to try it on a long line not the surf rope I was using. I did manage to ride outside of the wake for a bit and got it to start creeping up but I turned my head for 2 seconds and it was out of the water in an instant. Looking forward to trying to master it this summer
    2019 Craz
    OJ 950
    Wakemakers bags
    Heatercraft triple heater

Good plan. I got a rope with a quick release handle and cut it down to two different lengths. So now I have a 25, 40, and then full wakeboard length. Depending on what you are feeling on the foil you can adjust.

First time I tried right behind the boat on a Surfwave I came flying forward and almost slammed the back of the boat. But it’s so high up I would have landed in the boat!
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Spent a lot of time on the foil this morning. Water was glassy and had an absolute blast on it. Once the foil is flying its dead quiet back there and its the coolest thing. Getting going with it was a bit of a challenge as I am teaching my wife to drive from the water but she did great. Still surprised by how little of a change makes on the way it rides. That thing can shoot out from under you so quickly.
    2019 Craz
    OJ 950
    Wakemakers bags

is getting up on the foil similar to surfing? (stand and go?)
    2022 Mojo - 400 - flow 3 - OJ 930 15.5x15 prop - 1k lead - 2.5-3k elevation

previous: 2007 centurion elite V air warrior

Quote Originally Posted by vdubnick View Post
    is getting up on the foil similar to surfing? (stand and go?)
    Pretty similar except you have to keep a lot more weight on the front foot to keep foil down as you come out of the water. It will also shoot off to one side or the other as you start if you arent well positioned on the board. Have to keep body centered seems to be the best approach for me so far. Its definitely different but at the same time I am really enjoying the challenge.
    2019 Craz
    OJ 950
    Wakemakers bags

Pics? Or even better videos.

Just got back home from the water after another day of trying to foil and today was not a great day of foiling. Had a lot of trouble getting up, once or twice the foil took off on me like a wakeboard when you are cutting an edge and got really fast and sketchy. Hopin to have my buddy send me some pics this evening. No one else attempted it today. I guess the next step is finding a good place to store it cause leaving it in the floor of the boat aint gonna cut it.
    2019 Craz
    OJ 950
    Wakemakers bags

Your bad day of foiling still beats any "great" day at the office.....at least you were floating!
    2015 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

Quote Originally Posted by Mxmark4 View Post
    I guess the next step is finding a good place to store it cause leaving it in the floor of the boat aint gonna cut it.
    I'd highly recommend a rack just for the foil. That took me one weekend to figure out I'm not going to take it apart every time or leave it sitting. I use a surfboard specific single rack up high so the wing will clear the bimini. I've seen them on to top of towers but that won't work for me. I'm also convinced they would tear the shit out of a board pocket tipping over without any additional support or a rack.

When we're not surfing or foiling sometimes I will add a bungie to keep it from wanting to take flight out of the rack plus it helps with bouncing. Not sure it's totally necessary, just insurance.

Funny there's a pair of gloves in that pic. I think my son was using them after he decided to move the wrong piece of wood on the fire the night before...

Default I got a foil board!

We were out on Melton Hill Lake the last few Wednesdays.

Been on three foil outings. I’m still trying to ride on the long line. Still trying to keep balance once I get up. It’s ugly.

Didn’t think it would be this hard. Lots of variables. I was wrong.

My buddy started last fall. He is now riding rope-less and leading to carve in the wave.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by MJHSupra; 05-12-2022 at 07:28 PM.
    2018 Supra SL400