Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Default I got a foil board!

Been looking hard at foil boards last couple few weeks. Wakemakers has a sale on the slingshot complete packages right now. Grabbed a surf setup( bigger front wing, longer mast) in hopes I can learn to dock start with it. Cant wait to try it out. Should be here tomorrow, any tips for a first timer?
    2019 Craz
    OJ 950
    Wakemakers bags
    Heatercraft triple heater

Watch when you fall. Protect your face. More stuff to hit and you either will lean too far back, easy fall. Or catch the nose, hurt fall.

And have fun....buddy of mine has 1 and his son can just cruise around at 10 mph.
    2015 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

I have gotten soft in my old age(36) and started wearing a helmet last year for wakeboarding. Has improved my confidence, and I have heard and seen some of the horror stories of foiling gone wrong. My plan is to bail cleanly instead of trying to save it as I have heard its best to just let it go. Gonna drag out my wet suit and give it a try thursday if the rain isnt too bad.
    2019 Craz
    OJ 950
    Wakemakers bags

Prepare for the ejection seat dismounts. Great photo opps.

And good advice to bail - don’t try to save it. We basically came to the conclusion that there’s a huge blade waiting to kill/mame you the minute you hit the water.

First your first flight keep some weight on the nose. Then gradually get some air under you vs just going for it.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

If you can find a group that knows how to ride, I highly advise.

Have the boat driver go real slow on the startup.

In the water, you need foot placement to get weight up front to keep the nose down or you end up on a bucking bronco.

I thought about buying one at the end of last summer, but passed. It's fun and a new challenge, but was not that into it . . . and that foil is sharp. So said my shin.

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk
    2018 Supra SL400

they are fun and crazy. I'd suggest watching a lot of youtube videos, they can be very helpful. Have fun!
    Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190

Youtube has been my guide in all of this, would have purchased an axis foil that wakethief is so high on if I could have found a board for a deal. Its a pricey gamble to see if I like this. So I decided at least with the slingshot setup I can swap wings to make it easier to see if I can find a wing that I can dock start and pump with.
    2019 Craz
    OJ 950
    Wakemakers bags

Quote Originally Posted by MJHSupra View Post
    If you can find a group that knows how to ride, I highly advise.

Have the boat driver go real slow on the startup.

In the water, you need foot placement to get weight up front to keep the nose down or you end up on a bucking bronco.

I thought about buying one at the end of last summer, but passed. It's fun and a new challenge, but was not that into it . . . and that foil is sharp. So said my shin.

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk
    I can't stress enough about the slow speed, I'm talking 7-9 mph. The person towing knowing what they are doing will absolutely make or break this. I'll also echo the advice to bail if you feel it getting away from you. I've had a couple close calls with wing and it will mess you up if you don't protect yourself.
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Minnesota

Anybody local wanna come out and play when it gets here? Havent got my mondo out yet but took my malibu out yesterday for a buyer to water test. Would love to get someone who can drive a boat better than my wife the first time out.
    2019 Craz
    OJ 950
    Wakemakers bags

When you see that little puff of white water under the board, something bad is about to happen...

When the wing comes completely out, you don't wanna be there!

So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...