Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

How did it go?

Quote Originally Posted by eder10986 View Post
    That is amazing!!!! I’m hoping to try it out this weekend!!

I’ll report back if I got the chance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I moved the slingshot to B position on the mast after my recent ride with MJH Supra and tried it out for the first time this past Tuesday. Was quite a change! Foot position was way off for where it needed to be and I got bucked like crazy. Second ride went much better and was once again ropeless in no time. Handling is different, but in a good way. Seems to turn faster but still doesnt pump great. With my boat hitting the chopping block, hoping I can get at least one more ride in before shes gone otherwise Im gonna be begging rides to get my foil fix.
    2019 Craz
    OJ 950
    Wakemakers bags
    Heatercraft triple heater

Quote Originally Posted by JHCMondo View Post
    How did it go?
    It went great! I was able to get going pretty well thanks to many of you and your advice, but the beginning was ugly!

Once I figured out the foot position and began feeling the foil underneath me my rides got better and longer.

I’ve only been able to ride rope-less and surf for a bit here and there but I’m hoping to get going before we end the season here!

It’s definitely amazing and like something I’ve never done before!! The feeling of floating is incredible - I’m 100% hooked!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mxmark4 View Post
    I moved the slingshot to B position on the mast after my recent ride with MJH Supra and tried it out for the first time this past Tuesday. Was quite a change! Foot position was way off for where it needed to be and I got bucked like crazy. Second ride went much better and was once again ropeless in no time. Handling is different, but in a good way. Seems to turn faster but still doesnt pump great. With my boat hitting the chopping block, hoping I can get at least one more ride in before shes gone otherwise Im gonna be begging rides to get my foil fix.
    You know I got you if your boat sells.
    2018 Supra SA400 aka The Ron Burgandy
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155
    2015 Mojo Surf, sold...2013 Axis A22 Recon Edition, sold...2010 Axis A22, sold...2007 Maxum 1800sr3, sold

Quote Originally Posted by JHCMondo View Post
    Early morning foiling!

Attachment 30627
    Wow!! Was this after the barefoot, slalom, and wakeboard runs!!?? That water is awesome!

2017 Supra SA

Alright so I’m terribly addicted to foiling! Been out as much as I can since Labor Day on the foil. Finally starting to get the hang of it and riding a bit without the rope.

I started doing some turns in and out of the wave as well! It’s addicting!

We got some footage yesterday

https://youtu.be/q2o6JW1Armo

Nonetheless…as others have mentioned, the wing is dangerous!

If you look closely at my fall, my left shoulder goes into the water first and thus, hits the foil. I felt an aggressive scratch and new exactly what had happened

WARNING - a bit graphic

Fortunately I keep a first aid kit on the boat, and this was meant to be my last ride of the day anyways!

My wife is a nurse practitioner so she “took care of the wound” when I got home…

Can’t wait to get back on the foil though! I’m thinking of rushing with a 1mm long sleeve neoprene rash guard moving forward though!

You're looking pretty good.

If you're vertical and the foil is doing a banked turn that is pretty much what will happen.

For sure! The foil slowed down on me and I tried to pump and well…that obviously didn’t work!

Ouch! I can see how it got you! Glad you are ok! I landed on the foil once and swore never again. Hurts when it gets you.
    2019 Craz
    OJ 950
    Wakemakers bags
    Heatercraft triple heater

That's a really cool video. What lake are you on?

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub