Default Other than Winterizing and Oil Changes?

Other than Winterizing, Oil Changes, and warranty what would I need the dealership close by for? I got a really high quote for a new LSV and several great deals over the phone in the surrounding states. Other than these couple things would it benefit me in ant other way to get the boat in state or out of state? thanks, for any input you could throw my way.

I've only been to the dealer for 20hr, 50hr and a combo 100hr/winterize. All of these done at Logan Martin Boating, AL. I also have had 2 warranty issues done by them. All handled exceptionally, BTW.

For engine services, any certified Indmar shop should be able to handle it. I'm not sure who qualifies in and around Atlanta.

I bought my 98 Mobius used back in 2002 and I would never think of going to the dealer for anything. I've had one mechanic since 1991 that I used for the different boats I owned and he has more experience than the Moomba shop combined. It's good to get one good mechanic and stay with him and the hard part is finding that mechanic. Word of mouth works well when dealing with local mechanics including marinas and dealers. My mechanic has been able to find parts at a much cheaper price than the dealer if it isn't a Moomba specific part.

I would make sure that I put the boat in the water nearest the dealer that I bought it from for the 1st outing if at all possible. I had a bad sensor, and it was nice being right there to take care of the problem. You can putz around any lake for 4hrs, but it is nice to be near someone that cares.

If you are going to garage store your boat, there is really not much to do to winterize. My garage never gets below 40 or 50 degrees. All I do is put stabilizer in the fuel, run it for 10 minutes, then let the water out of the engine. There is a main breaker under the dash that I trip so if the knuckleheads get in the boat playing they aren't able to turn anything on.

The sensor issue is the only problem I have had. Ditto on the 20hr & 100hr service. I could change the oil myself, I could also help my wife with laundry. I figure the oil changes give the dealer a chance to eyeball the boat and maybe catch some other problem and the laundry thing is just general purpose.

good points. is the boats warranty only valid at the dealership where the boat is purchased or any moomba dealer able to take care of the issue if any in your first 3 yeard of buying the baot?

I've had 2 warranty issues, both done at Logan Martin Boating (boat purchased at Atl Marine). However, since Atl Marine makes their own rules, I'd call them, play stupid and ask this very question of them personally.