Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Flow/Surf plates calibration?

Hello Everyone,

While surfing this past Saturday, i noticed great inconsistencies in the surf wave from time to time. I knew it wasn’t lake depth as that is a constant 15-20ft. Something was wrong with the surf system. The wave would be perfect one minute and completely wash out the next.

So, i turned off autowake to try and figure out some settings of my own and i noticed that the surf plates were not correctly setting. The desired setting was at 60 but the plate was at 50. No matter what setting i chose from 0 to 100 it was off by 10. I took video that ill try and post so that you can see what i mean. I also noticed that once the boat was out of the water, with both surf plates set at 0, the starboard side surf plate was maybe 10-15 degrees higher than the port surf plate.

I went through the menu and found the “return to zero” flow plate setting and i pressed it a number of times, heard the surf plates actuating, but no matter what it is off by 10 on both sides.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    ‘22 Moomba Max
    Wakemakers factory bag upgrade (yes its worth it)
    Surf Regular, plate at 65, speed 11.1, pitch: 8.5, roll: -1.5
    Still tinkering with everything

Default Video

Here is the link to a video i quickly put together and put on YouTube
    ‘22 Moomba Max

From what i read before thats working as intended and i believe it's based on your displacement reading.

That is part of the displacement integration feature. Get with your dealer about how and why it does that. It can also be adjusted in some cases. Your dealer should be able to help with that as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting.. this video was taken out of the water, and what about the surf plates being uneven (see pics) and acting strangely on the water? Is there a manual for the touchscreen? I feel like there are features that I’m missing out on and things that I don’t understand
    ‘22 Moomba Max

Quote Originally Posted by TOYMCHN View Post
    Interesting.. this video was taken out of the water, and what about the surf plates being uneven (see pics) and acting strangely on the water? Is there a manual for the touchscreen? I feel like there are features that I’m missing out on and things that I don’t understand
    I'm not sure of anyone on here that would say they completely understand and can explain everything about AutoWake. Some use it and some don't. I fit in both those categories! Sometimes it works great for my load, and sometimes not as good. Here is a link to some YouTube videos that might help out a little. The comment about the actual plate setting vs what you tell it you want is something I have heard many times, and it doesn't always match due to the "AutoWake Brain" looking at what you would like vs what it sees through all its many sensors. I sure can't explain it, but it's normal. https://youtu.be/dVueG9JaD4c

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub

Starting in November we have supplied our dealer network with a TON of guidance and training materials on the 2022 AutoWake software. The most recent training video went out to sales staff yesterday actually. Your best resource on this is your dealer. Let me know who your dealer is and I would be happy to reach out to them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Default Dealer

Nautiques of Orlando is our dealer. I contacted them this morning and gave them the same information and was waiting to hear back from them. Jason Englit is their lead service tech. I greatly appreciate the help! This has been a much bigger rabbit hole than I anticipated. Haha. But it’s a fun rabbit hole.
    ‘22 Moomba Max

Woah your left plate went to increments of 2 for a second there at the end. WTF! Mine only jump by increments of 5nbut I also don’t have the fancier larger screen to see those secondary (I’m guessing actual) numbers compared to set number amount.
    Last edited by haknslash; 03-29-2022 at 09:17 PM.
    2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

I use Orlando nautiques as well and hopefully you have a better experience. They are terrible.