Default RackJack for Rear Folding LSV towers?????

Quote Originally Posted by Yellowmobius
    Thats cool, I am sure there are hundreds of "things" that could be used. I designed and made the RackJack for those guys who want a solution that looks as good as it works. I know the guys who have them are very happy with them.
    Anyone know of anything similar to this that will work for the '06 Mobius LSV? My tower folds to the rear of the boat.

What are the rest of you LSV guys using?

Thanks.

Chris

Hi Chris,

I built a real simple tower stand. Click on link below to see pics.

Hope that helps.

Al

https://forum.moomba.com/viewtopic.p...995&highlight=
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Thanks Al. That is a really good idea. Looks fairly simple and does the job. I appreciate your reply.

Chris

Cab- I've been trying to decide what to use and that looks perfect (and easy). I don't have the boat at house so do you know how tall your stand is? Also nice to have it in your garage. How tall is your garage door? We are moving and doesn't look like a lot of doors are tall enough to fit my LSV.

Thanks Al. That is a really good idea. Looks fairly simple and does the job. I appreciate your reply.

Chris
    You're welcome.

Cab- I've been trying to decide what to use and that looks perfect (and easy). I don't have the boat at house so do you know how tall your stand is? Also nice to have it in your garage. How tall is your garage door? We are moving and doesn't look like a lot of doors are tall enough to fit my LSV.
    jlandis,

My stand is 41-3/4" from the floor of the boat to the bottom of the half round cutout. By the way, the way I made that was to drill a 2-1/2" hole with a hole saw bit, then cut the 2x4 with a miter saw right through the center of the hole.

My garage door is 9' high so I have plenty of clearance. I read on this forum that one guy with an 8' high garage door had to let out most of the air in the tires in order to get the tower to clear. When we bought our house, we shopped specifically with the garage in mind. We passed on tons of houses that otherwise fit our needs because the boat would not fit in the garage (mostly due to length). Once inside the garage, I actually have enough headroom to put the tower back up.

Hope this helps.

Al
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV