Default Aftermarket automated Surf Tab options

Hey there, we have a 2014 MOJO 2.5 that we used nauticurl and more recently a Surf Mode wake shaper. Kids are competing and doing well, so looking at something more easy to set the wave and switch opposite side easily.
    Anyone have experience with any after market Surf tab options.

I've been checking out the Evolution Surf tabs ( https://evolutiontabs.com/ ) and they look great, just wondering if anyone has installed them, and on what boat, and how was the experience? We get a decent wave with our surf mode with 1100's in the rear, 500 center, 750 up front and around 500 lead we move around, it's got the kids both to World Champs, but I'd really like to have something automated for transitions, and more consistent and automated wave. Yes, I'd love a newer boat, but that's not in the budget... I don't love my kids enough... lol!

Anyone have experience with evolution tabs, or any others you've installed and recommend?

Thanks for any insight!
    ----------------------------------------
    2014 Moomba Mojo 2.5
    2013 Moomba LSV (Sold)
    2013 Moomba Outback V (Sold)
    2002 Mastercraft X-5

I've posted about my DIY surf tabs and gates on wakegrage. If you're not up for a DIY project I think GSA and Evolution tabs are a nice upgrade. GSA has a higher level of automation but comes at a higher cost.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Sorry no insights to your question, but was hoping you could help me. I spoke with Bryan at surf mode and was thinking about purchasing their product. I have a 2008 Mombasa Mobius LS (direct drive) and was wondering what your thoughts are. I have been chasing this elusive surf wake for a while and don’t want to spend a ton more money. I have the 350 #’s of internal ballast and two ballast bags (600 & 650).

If you end up going with a new system I would be interested in your current surf mode.

Thanks

Ed
    2008 Moomba Mobius LS

Useful forum link.
    Like it.

I put the Wakeland Mfg Tabs on my previous 2007 Supra 22SSV. Same company that builds the Moomba and Supra tabs now. They are local for me.

The controller is nice. Uses the Moomba Plates/Tabs. I had the 1.0 and 2.0 versions on my boat. Probably have a picture of the size difference.
    That transom was a harder mount for my Supra hull.

Back then we were not into switching sides/transitions during riding.

Overall, they were expensive and there was not much of difference between the size or firmness between suck-gates and tabs on that hull. It took time to play with and figure out what worked best. It was not like the new boats where you just push a button and everything is set to GO.

I got a cleaner wave when it was longer and shorter. More front weight.
    The steeper shorter wave was harder to clean up. I would be washy and I could see a line in the wave from the tab.
    I still had to run a lot of weight. Not enough weight and they did not work well.

I do read good things about GSA and Evolution, but have not been on boat with them installed.
    2018 Supra SL400

we had a tige z3 with no tabs(used a suckgate a few times but mostly listed) and an r23 with gsa. same hull for both boats. I preferred the listed wave of the z3 better than the gsa tabs. I didn't personally notice enough difference to pay the cash. gsa felt a little longer but listed had a lot more push. fuel economy was a lot less with gsa as we were toting around an additional 1.5k in water weight being mostly level. make sure you have the right prop for a fully ballasted boat if you're listed now. the extra weight was noticeable between the 2 boats but could have been engine differences between the indmar motors. the z3 was the pre-raptor engine.

it was pretty cool tho to swap sides on the r23 in short order. not as clean as most want you to believe as even with gsa on a manufacturer stock boat, we still found that the surf side needed a few hundred in extra weight so still had to swap a few gallons and had 1000lbs in lead over stock. only took a minute or 2 and time switching riders took care of it.

if we surfed a lot all day long I can see the benefits to it but if we still had the z3, I would not have been impressed with a 5k add on as we spent maybe 2 or 3 hours of an 8hr day on the water surfing so swapping side to side was not a big deal for us and the gsa wave was not repeatable day over day. wind chop, surfing direction, people ballast and the such still impacted it enough to tweak it each outing.

all our experiences. ymmv...
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by costanza View Post
    Hey there, we have a 2014 MOJO 2.5 that we used nauticurl and more recently a Surf Mode wake shaper. Kids are competing and doing well, so looking at something more easy to set the wave and switch opposite side easily.
    Anyone have experience with any after market Surf tab options.

I've been checking out the Evolution Surf tabs ( https://evolutiontabs.com/ ) and they look great, just wondering if anyone has installed them, and on what boat, and how was the experience? We get a decent wave with our surf mode with 1100's in the rear, 500 center, 750 up front and around 500 lead we move around, it's got the kids both to World Champs, but I'd really like to have something automated for transitions, and more consistent and automated wave. Yes, I'd love a newer boat, but that's not in the budget... I don't love my kids enough... lol!

Anyone have experience with evolution tabs, or any others you've installed and recommend?

Thanks for any insight!
    Not sure about evolution, but I have GSA on my boat now and for surfing it's the best in my opinion.
    The only drawback is they are not usable for leveling or wakebording like skier's flat tabs.
    2022 MB F22 Alpha
    2021 Mondo (sold)
    2020 Grand Island Fish
    2017 Sea-Doo Spark