Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Ballast Options 2022 Mojo

Hey all. I'm trying to work through ballast options for the upcoming season. We only have 2 hours on the meter for our '22 so not a lot of experience, the wave was surfable but not quite what we're hoping for longer term as we have some time to add weight and dial things in. Our '13 Mojo's wave was better but we'd had years to dial things in and added Flow to that boat and A LOT of water ballast.

I've watched wake9's videos and read through some documentation on their page, it's been helpful. I'm honestly struggling with adding "lead" as I've never done this before... and 1,000 lbs is a lot of lead. We tow a lot, sometimes 2-4 hours, so adding lead weight seems less than ideal... I have to imagine this will be hard on the truck, trailer and of course the boat when it's on the water. We also like to do non-surfing activities (tube, ski, kneeboard and cruise), it seems like this extra weight will make those items less fun and less fuel efficient.

On the flip side, water ballast takes up a lot of room and limits storage options. I believe I saw a thread on this forum with upgraded/piggy back bags that filled the rear lockers and both rear undereat areas. Wakemakers doesn't seem to offer an "upgrade plug and play" kit yet for this boat. Water ballast is obviously the more balanced option when you think of towing long distances but doesn't offer near the weight density of lead.

So, I'm wondering what others have done - bigger bags, lead or a combination of both. Pros/Cons. It would be helpful to see exactly where people have put their weight also.

Thanks!
    Last edited by uniwarking; 03-06-2022 at 12:14 PM.
    2022 Moomba Mojo
    2013 Moomba Mojo 2.5 (sold)

Tow - 2019 Ford F150 Ecoboost

We did a mix of lead and custom bags in ours. You can check my playlist for details on placement and install. AFAIK not much changed between 2021-2022 Mojo. If you have any specific questions on what we did, fire away.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...AKNcyJsesZ4YCd
    2021 Mojo, 6.2L Raptor 400/1.76, Acme 3407 15.5x13, G6, Flow3, +6500 lbs ballast
    2005 Mobius LSV (sold)
    Windermere Lake, B.C., 2800' Elevation
    2021 Mojo Mods

On you initial runs how many people did you have in your boat then vs what you will have on a normal weekend, that will make a big difference. If you had a light crew did you run AutoWake or set the settings manually? On our Makai, so little longer running surface, on a light crew my manual settings work better than AW. With a larger crew AW works very well. We run 350# lead so far plus all of our gear, which adds up to a lot of weight. For the light crew days I would like to add an additional #200 and it would be pretty well perfect for me. Always run a full tank of gas as well that's just easy weight to have. So while more weight always makes a bigger wave and easier to surf you might have to work with it just a bit to see what all you really need. Invite some fiends out and work with it one day see what settings work and what additional weight you might need then.
    2021 Makai

In my 21 Mojo I run 1k lead and have built in an "auto" vent at the top of the rear bags. This ensures that my rear bags are 100% when I fill them as no air gets trapped at the top of the bag and I don't have to keep burping the bags. I just posted about the setup on the Supra and Moomba FB group.
    Lake Wylie, NC/SC
    2021 Moomba Mojo

Don't forget bow weight. The very front compartment isn't really big enough for storage so 250lbs of lead fits in their np. Or if you always use the bow filler cusion you can put lead under that.

Im running 300 as far back as I can under each bench seat (600 pounds) then 200 in the bow (100 on each side near the nose) then use 100 for swing weight. Seems to work pretty well.
    Lake Wylie, NC/SC
    2021 Moomba Mojo

We got our 22 Mojo last summer. Currently have 500lb of lead and the wave is starting to come alive. I have another 500lb ready to go in this season. The boat stays in a lift though and never gets towed. I don’t think I’d do lead if I had to tow. Whatever you use, watch the pitch and roll. With 500lb I haven’t put any in the bow In order to get up to close to 10deg pitch. I’m guessing by adding another 500lb, some of it will need to go in the bow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2022 Mojo

So I called wake makers yesterday and they told me they finally had a new mojo in and got it scanned and should be releasing a factory upgrade option in "spring"
    Also I was super excited because he said it even included a front upgrade although some labor was involved in that
    Josh
    2021 Mojo, Sold 7/15/22
    2023 Supreme S240, on order

Quote Originally Posted by Josh828 View Post
    So I called wake makers yesterday and they told me they finally had a new mojo in and got it scanned and should be releasing a factory upgrade option in "spring"
    Also I was super excited because he said it even included a front upgrade although some labor was involved in that
    Thanks for posting this. I'm curious about what they're offering for attaching to the center bag and where they'd run the hose. Spent sometime thinking of doing this myself but hadn't pulled the trigger yet.
    2021 Mojo, 6.2L Raptor 400/1.76, Acme 3407 15.5x13, G6, Flow3, +6500 lbs ballast
    2005 Mobius LSV (sold)
    Windermere Lake, B.C., 2800' Elevation
    2021 Mojo Mods

Quote Originally Posted by Hayden View Post
    Thanks for posting this. I'm curious about what they're offering for attaching to the center bag and where they'd run the hose. Spent sometime thinking of doing this myself but hadn't pulled the trigger yet.
    Yeah I called to order a throw over pump and just figured id see what was going on I'm not sure how to even access the front bag enough to attach anything..

I am going to run a portable pump up front with a 750lb bow bag and guess I'm going to do two midships under the seats just debating to go ahead and plumb them in or just use the portable pump because they aren't always really needed. Figured the mid ships could always double as the upgrade anyways at some point
    Josh
    2021 Mojo, Sold 7/15/22
    2023 Supreme S240, on order