Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

420 - there are other charges "out the door " includes delivery (usually $1000-2000 depending on your distance from factory) and other fees. I think that $45+ is a bit much for that boat too... so maybe look at getting one built, or the '06's.

-J

hey Ed,
    how long from when you order the boat does it take to recieve it? and do you think you can get a better deal doing this rather then buying one off the lot at a dealship? really appreciate your input.

I paid $49791 out the door for:

07 XLV GG
    Bimini
    Docking Lights
    Cast Pop-up cleats
    am/fm cd
    Wakeplate
    Gravity III Ballast
    Wakeboard Rack
    Guidepole Covers
    Logo Cover
    Detachable tower feet

Nothing too special on my boat but I dont need all the extras......
    Contrary to popular belief, a boat does not run on "Thank Yous"

I looked at Moombas a year before I bought one. I went in May of '04 with the plan to buy the next year at the boat show. My wife and I saw a boat on the lot that we liked. When we left she said, I wish we could go ahead and buy it, I said, no I have a plan and we can save some money. That Tuesday, I called, thinking if I could get a deal I would buy now. Thank Goodness he sold the boat. Said someone walked up after we looked at it and wrote him a check.

I waited, which was my plan until the boat show in February '05, my boat had been ordered in October '04, so it was waiting on me. I got all of the options I wanted and still received the boat show incentives which were worth about $2800. I wouldn't think now is a very good time to buy, with demand strong and availability weak, with all the boat show orders. My adivce would be to wait until the boat shows next year.

Dave

flyhigh - I think by "ed" you mean me ? (since Ed has not posted in this thread, and I was the one to tell you to order one)

Easy to get us confused - we are exactly alike! You will meet both of us at the Jamboree and see!

To answer your question:

From order to delivery is about 6-8 weeks. A Lot depends on how busy they are, how far from the factory you are, how many slots the dealer has reserved, etc, etc, etc.]

hope this helps,

-Joe

lol, sorry about the mix up. Naw I really have that boat bug burning a hole in my pocket and the weather is perfect not helping the situation at all. After alot of research 80% of the people say wait till next years boat show and scoop up a next 08 at a great dealand 15% say wait till end of this season and scoop up a 07 for really cheap and the other 5% say buck up and haggle w/ them more and convience them to drop the price and that you may have to drive a distance to get a better deal. So I believe these are my 3 choice's right now or buy used from a private seller.

Quote Originally Posted by flyinhigh420
    lol, sorry about the mix up. Naw I really have that boat bug burning a hole in my pocket and the weather is perfect not helping the situation at all. After alot of research 80% of the people say wait till next years boat show and scoop up a next 08 at a great dealand 15% say wait till end of this season and scoop up a 07 for really cheap and the other 5% say buck up and haggle w/ them more and convience them to drop the price and that you may have to drive a distance to get a better deal. So I believe these are my 3 choice's right now or buy used from a private seller.
    if you wait till spring for a 08 don't forget that these boats msrp has gone up quit a bit in the last few years so i my opinion if you can work with your local dealer and try to get him to come down on one he has in stock you are going to be better off,

has anybody recieved any info. on the 08 LSV or any info on the internet anywhere? and how different are they going to be if so?

LOL - I think they are still finishing the DESIGN of the boat, so not much is going to be avaialble! Since they just got changed in '06, I would not expect much of a huge change. My bet is for the XLV and base OB to change this year.

I'd go haggle, or order an '07. It will get here by june/july and still have lots of summer left. An '08 will not be available till about October.

I think it sucks that the Dealer network is not yet on par with all members - there are lots of amazing ones, some mediocre ones and a few bad apples still left.

-J

Yeah I think I am going into the dealership and work something out.