Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mxmark4 View Post
    Back to gas prices.... Kroger gives 4x fuel points on gift card purchases. Im using my credit card to get 3% on groceries by purchasing kroger gift cards. Then I use the gift cards to buy our groceries and take my fuel tanks and fill them each time I get gas. This is my fuel scheme for the summer. So I get 3% back on the cost of the cards via cash back on my credit cards and the fuel points add up to save me around .40 cents a gallon. Bout the best I can do to be able to ride this summer. Otherwise boat is gonna be doing a lot of sitting.
    Hey! I like the way you are thinking. We need more clever angles like that!

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    You all know the answer here, just go buy an electric truck to pull your electric boat and convert your homes to electric heat or just move to a state that doesn’t require you to heat your home at all.

Shame on you if you drive a big fuel guzzling truck/suv.

Everyone can afford the Green lifestyle, the elites can, so why can’t you?

Climate crisis is worse than any war according to John Kerry who clearly is flying around the world in his electric Jet.

Al Gore’s carbon footprint is zero too.

Green man, do it for the children.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    LOL! Don't forget your solar Bimini top too!

2021 Moomba Makai

Mgswake, don't sweat it. Gas prices are a valid talking point on this forum. Heck, I am going to check out the Kroger situation! So, I learned something from all this! On the political side.....well that happens these days no matter what topic you bring up. And it's ok. Just don't read, or skip, a post if you don't Iike what someone is saying. It's all part of how we get to know each other.

2021 Moomba Makai

Default Gas prices summer 2022

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Yes, Please delete this thread so no more innocent members are forced to click the title and read all the comments against their will

Quote Originally Posted by Mxmark4 View Post
    Back to gas prices.... Kroger gives 4x fuel points on gift card purchases. Im using my credit card to get 3% on groceries by purchasing kroger gift cards. Then I use the gift cards to buy our groceries and take my fuel tanks and fill them each time I get gas. This is my fuel scheme for the summer. So I get 3% back on the cost of the cards via cash back on my credit cards and the fuel points add up to save me around .40 cents a gallon. Bout the best I can do to be able to ride this summer. Otherwise boat is gonna be doing a lot of sitting.
    everyone has an angle and love your thinking. have done similar math here for the fuel rewards and the price difference on our weekly grocery basket shopping a kroger banner vs walmart made all the gas savings a moot point. smiths(krogers banner here) is just plain expensive. nice stores but we found our average weekly market basket at $140 went up to $155 when shopping smiths and that's if we don't buy any cleaners/toiletries(smiths is just plain stupid-priced on that stuff) which then drives an extra stop.

our gas here is almost at $5/gal. premium is over that.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Ironically we have found the opposite for our krogers, their produce is better than other stores( besides publix) and between their sales ads and the big discount coupons they send my wife ( up to 15 dollars off certain price orders) we save more there than any other store locally. We only buy stuff when its on slae and buy enough to last until its on sale again.
    2019 Craz
    OJ 950
    Wakemakers bags
    Heatercraft triple heater

Gas dropped here overnight from 4.85 to 3.93 for 87……gouging.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    Gas dropped here overnight from 4.85 to 3.93 for 87……gouging.
    wow. that's a crazy drop.
    $5.02 on the station around the corner from us and most are over $4.50 around town. first time I have ever seen gas at $5 other than cali in my entire life. even during the height of the '08/09 gas pricing I only ever saw $4.74 for midgrade at the marina...
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

This past summer, I finally splurged and was buying fuel at the marina instead of using the 25 gallon gas caddies. It will be interesting to see what the fuel prices will be at the marinas vs. The local gas stations.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk