Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Josh828 View Post
    I probably end up surfing closer to shore and in large coves more often than the middle of the lake.

I always feel terrible when a family on a pontoon boat is trying to just cross to the other side of the lake and ends up looking like the titanic trying to get around me
    Agreed, we surf in coves without docks, not out in the middle of the lake.
    I get that this causes more erosion but I think it also keeps people happy. If you're surfing down the channel and a bass boat comes through at 60 mph and launches off your wake and about kills everyone onboard it's not good for anyone. Not to mention the increased danger to a fallen rider out in the middle of the lake.
    Our lakeshores around here are already eroded down to bedrock anyway so a wave isn't doing any damage.
    2020 Supra SA

I will say that reservoir lakes like Tennessee have so much dockfree shore line, we had no problems finding a surf spot that didn’t mess with anyone.

300-500 acre inland lakes, you are sometimes limited to deep enough water for a surf groove.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

I guess I haven't been paying enough attention to Wakesurf regulation in my state lately. NH has a hearing today on HB1071 which proposes 250 ft distance from shore, other boats and docks when wakesurfing. I submitted a letter of opposition this morning as there is a conflict with wakesurf boats having a safe passage distance of 250 ft and a non-wakesurf boat has a safe passage distance of 150 ft to each other. The non-wakesurf boat can come from the stern of the wakesurf boat with 150-250ft and cause a violation on behalf of the wakesurf boat while not incurring a violation themselves.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by cucv View Post
    I guess I haven't been paying enough attention to Wakesurf regulation in my state lately. NH has a hearing today on HB1071 which proposes 250 ft distance from shore, other boats and docks when wakesurfing. I submitted a letter of opposition this morning as there is a conflict with wakesurf boats having a safe passage distance of 250 ft and a non-wakesurf boat has a safe passage distance of 150 ft to each other. The non-wakesurf boat can come from the stern of the wakesurf boat with 150-250ft and cause a violation on behalf of the wakesurf boat while not incurring a violation themselves.

In this situation of a boat coming closer to overtake you are the "stand on vessel" so you remain your course.

I would guess other boats should know when you are wake surfing and they would have to stay 250' from you as well or get ticketed. Another law not well thought out imo
    Josh
    2021 Mojo, Sold 7/15/22
    2023 Supreme S240, on order

Quote Originally Posted by Josh828 View Post
    . Another law not well thought out imo
    In the words of Joey Callo "There's an F...ing surprise!"

I sure hope someone gets the reference. But seriously, it seems so many laws these days are not well thought out and not just one sided, short sighted, and/or knee jerk reactions.

An interesting thing I'm seeing is that there are folks originally pushing for this proposed law now sending letters of opposition in the wake of the Minnesota report now stating they want a 500 ft safe passage distance.

I wish they would just make a law saying "don't be an asshole in your boat"
    And give the enforcing agency (TWRA in our case) the ability to write a ticket for "being an asshole"
    99% of peoples complaints would be covered.

You send a surf wake into a family that's swimming behind their boat? Asshole
    You go by someone's dock 50 ft out surfing? Asshole
    You blast your music at 100% volume at 8am while surfing in a cove full of houses? Asshole
    2020 Supra SA

Quote Originally Posted by SONIC View Post
    And give the enforcing agency (TWRA in our case) the ability to write a ticket for "being an asshole"

You blast your music at 100% volume at 8am while surfing in a cove full of houses? Asshole
    I feel like this list warrants further elaboration...
    2020 Kaiyen

Not a fan of the TWRA and their random pull-overs on Friday nights to check me. Happens multiple times per summer. Usually just occupying 20-30 mins of my time to run checks and look at my eyes and actions to see if I've been drinking.

Or they follow me around when it starts getting dark. After we are done surfing or wakeboarding on Fridays. Following me back to the boat ramp.

Fought them on a ticket (won in court) when they wrote me up a few summers ago. Said I got too close to them when they had another boat pulled over and I was idling by. He caught up to me 15 mins later. I was polite during the episode, but the dude was such a d-head, rude, just wanted to lecture me. That was the observation from others on my boat.

F- them.
    2018 Supra SL400

Sonic I agree with rhouse181. To steal from Jeff Foxworthy's You might be a redneck idea, you need to put those items in a list and make a shirt that says " You might be an Asshole if:" and put them under it. I'd buy one!

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub