Default Adding weight to the Makai

I’ve searched a bit but can anyone tell me how much weight the wakemakers kit adds? Referring to the rear bag replacement in the makai. I have 650 lbs of lead and it’s just not quite enough on the light days when it’s just the wife and kids. Throw a couple more adults in the mix and I can ride all day on the board.

I’m no pro by any means but I’d like it a bit more effortless to surf when I get 15 minutes between all the kids…lol. We have 4 so most days I captain. If everything is set up just right with the weight I do have I can drop the rope and ride but I have to really work at it. Swap the 4 kids with 4 adults and I can ride effortlessly. With rough math, I figure the difference in weight with 5 adults in the boat vs 1 adult and my 4 kids is roughly 600 lbs.

Does the wakemakers kit get me there? I’m hesitant to add another 500-600 lbs of lead I have to ride with 100% of the time.

The rear bags for the Makai I believe are still the same ones used on the Max’s kit since the box would say “Max/Makai rear bag etc”. These days the WM Max rear bag is 1,345 lbs.

2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

What settings are you running on your Makai? And do you have flow 2 or 3. I have #350 lead in ours and with a light crew I can ride all day but the push isnt perfect. Its a lot better with 1-2 more adults in it and a monster with 8-10 adults. So at 650# Id think you should be good to go, but I know a lot of guys are running a full 1K lead in their Makai all the time.
    2021 Makai

How is the 4,000 lb stock displacement divided up between the 3 bags on the Makai now?

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub

Quote Originally Posted by HFarr View Post
    How is the 4,000 lb stock displacement divided up between the 3 bags on the Makai now?

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
    I think the front center bag is 1100, the 2 corner rears are 1000s, and the piggy back side bags are 450s (or pretty close to that anyways)
    2021 Makai

Thanks guys. First I have a 2019 so Flow2 system. I can’t remember all my settings from memory but like you said with a light load I “can” ride but not much push so I feel like I have to work at it more and if I lose it, almost impossible to recover.

When I ride, my wife captains the boat and we’re good for her to take off and bump the cruise up or down if necessary. If I ask her to start looking at pitch and roll, she would probably throat punch me….lol.

I know there a TON of factors - skill of rider, type of board, boat setup, size of rider etc…. I’m just north of 200lbs (although I’d like to be south of that number by 20 lbs….lol. I don’t even remember what kind of board I have but it suits me just ok I think.

So am I reading that the wakemakers 1,340 kit really only adds 300 ish lbs for that kit or is it 300 ish per side?

Thanks again

I get that, I set the boat settings how I want it then I hop in the water and get what I get. But dang sure happy she pulls me anytime I want, so no complaint there.

I think the WM kit adds 345# per bag so 690ish total but you loose your rear over bag storage tubs on each side. I myself couldn’t give up that storage so I’ll be adding a bit of weight this winter. I don’t use autowake with a small crew, it can’t compensate for the lighter crew. I run 100 in both the surf side and front the 80% on the non surf side. Can’t remember the surf tab numbers but the center tab all the way up with a light crew. With a full crew autowake works very well and center tab 10-20% depending on where people are sitting. And wakeboarding light or full crew it works very well.

The newer software update adds in some nice features, well worth updating to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Makai

I will say it’s awesome when you get it right, and you can’t beat the smile on a 1st ride of a friends kiddo that’s really never been on the lake much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Makai