Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fuel ussage

Default Fuel ussage

What will be the average fuel consumption an hour of an 07 LSV with standard 325 hp engine when skieing and wakeboarding.

Wakeboarding, no ballast, 3 people in the boat, boarder about 80 kg.
    Skieing: Same setup.

What are you experience with fuel ussage, how many hours till the tank is empty, and what wil it consume when cruising for say 5 mph?

My last boat had an fuel consumption meter. Now i have to gues what my friend should pay me when going out on the lake. What are your methodes of calculating fuelcosts?

I don't want to rip them off but also don't want to rip myself off

SWAG 1st part 5gph.

2nd I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by smokedog2
    SWAG 1st part 5gph.

2nd I don't know.
    What is Swag?

So 5 gph is 18(liter)ph is average for skieeing and boarding.

I always fill up on the way back in from the lake. Of course, that means when we leave to go to the lake, tank is full. I make those that go split the cost based on how much it takes to fill it back up. Generally no bickering.
    Hope this helps
    B

Quote Originally Posted by Buttafewcoe
    I always fill up on the way back in from the lake. Of course, that means when we leave to go to the lake, tank is full. I make those that go split the cost based on how much it takes to fill it back up. Generally no bickering.
    Hope this helps
    B
    I don't trailer the boat so i cant go everytime to the pump to fill with gas.
    Just curious what moomba owners think of ther fuel ussage?
    My old Rinker with an 4.3l V6 engine did around 20 liter an hour when skieing. I added an fuel flow meter but because of the mpi engine this is not possible now.

So you think 5 gph?

FYI:

A gallon of gas cost around here $ 8,20! But this is Europe, skieing is only for the filthy rich

with my 325 i would say i average overall anywhere between 4-6 gallons per hour. that would include boarding, surfing and cruising around.

gas here jumped from 2.63 to 2.79 a gallon

Quote Originally Posted by qb12
    gas here jumped from 2.63 to 2.79 a gallon
    Lucky you!!! Still $ 6 to go before meeting us!

If your engine is a 2007 model 325, you should be able to install a fuel flow meter. It would need to go between the fuel pump and the fuel rail. This should give you an accurate reading because the newer engines like yours do not have a fuel return from the fuel rail back to the tank. We have moved the fuel pressure regulator from the fuel rail to the fuel pump bracket. We still return from the pump bracket to the tank but we no longer return from the fuel rail. Just make sure that the flow meter can withstand the 60 psi fuel pressure that the fuel pump produces.

By the way, I havent seen anyone define SWAG for you. It stands for Scientific Wild _ss Guess.

Engine Nut

Quote Originally Posted by mvd
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttafewcoe
    Hope this helps
    B
    I don't trailer the boat so i cant go everytime to the pump to fill with gas.
    Just curious what moomba owners think of ther fuel ussage?
    My old Rinker with an 4.3l V6 engine did around 20 liter an hour when skieing. I added an fuel flow meter but because of the mpi engine this is not possible now.

So you think 5 gph?

FYI:

A gallon of gas cost around here $ 8,20! But this is Europe, skieing is only for the filthy rich

a Wag is simply a Wild _ss Guess, they are never to be trusted!

[quote="Engine Nut"]If your engine is a 2007 model 325, you should be able to install a fuel flow meter. It would need to go between the fuel pump and the fuel rail. This should give you an accurate reading because the newer engines like yours do not have a fuel return from the fuel rail back to the tank. We have moved the fuel pressure regulator from the fuel rail to the fuel pump bracket. We still return from the pump bracket to the tank but we no longer return from the fuel rail. Just make sure that the flow meter can withstand the 60 psi fuel pressure that the fuel pump produces.[quote]

This is good news!!! I thought that there was an returnline so an flowmeter is not possible. So what will be the best way to place the sensor?

I found:

Navman Fuel 2100
    Lowrance LMF-200 with sensor EP-10
    Faria Fuel manager

But i cant find the pressure they can handle. I assume the minmal pressure is 60 psi? Is that the maxium possible pressure in the fuelsystem?

If anyone can help me with the specs of these meters?

Any advise is welcome

A