Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

We have Progressive and it stayed the same. $450 for our 2021 Craz
    Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190

Wow I had never heard of a no fault state. Cant believe thats even a thing, someone is always at fault and to make me pay for another persons mistake would piss me off to no end. Its as bad as the idiots around here that have no insurance and are the reason I have to carry uninsured motorist insurance.
    2019 Craz
    OJ 950
    Wakemakers bags
    Heatercraft triple heater

Default Insurance rate increase

Quote Originally Posted by Mxmark4 View Post
    Wow I had never heard of a no fault state. Cant believe thats even a thing, someone is always at fault and to make me pay for another persons mistake would piss me off to no end. Its as bad as the idiots around here that have no insurance and are the reason I have to carry uninsured motorist insurance.
    I think 18 states have no fault.

It’s not a big deal, pay your deductible and insurance covers the rest, most repair shops will bury the deductible.

In 2015 I T-boned a car making an illegal lane crossing (driver was on drugs), my truck was 3 days old with 100 miles on it. $21k worth of damage, body shop covered $500 deductible, no rate increase for my rates.

No cost out of my pocket and I could have taken driver to small claims to recover my deductible, seeing how she was hammered and her car was totaled, I figured she was having a tough enough battle to face, I let it slide.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

I imagine rates are not as effected by an accident as they are for those of us in fault states since it's "no one's fault"
    May be a blessing in disguise.
    For us if we do something stupid we'll pay out the ass for it with premium hikes over the next few years.
    2020 Supra SA

I just got my BIA renewal and it has jumped up as well this year. It started at $500 in 2019 and for 2022 they want $1,080!!!

So just shopped skisafe again last night and holy hell I just saved a ton on my car…er boat insurance lol. Got nearly the same coverage with some additional options for $476!!!
    2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

Every renewal, i shop out my insurance. For auto, home, and boat. Everytime. Most of the time it's cheaper to change.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigs28 View Post
    Every renewal, i shop out my insurance. For auto, home, and boat. Everytime. Most of the time it's cheaper to change.
    agree 100%. no reason in the world to be loyal to an "agent" unless you have claim after claim.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

The advice in this blog is getting pretty bad. There is a lot to be said for the advice and relationship of an agent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2017 Supra SA

For all the times I had an agent, not one has done anything to help me other than give me an 800 number to call when I had a claim to make. That has been with several different companies too. If calling an 800 number is what the agent wants me to do why pay them a cut of my premium when the number is printed on my insurance card already?
    2019 Craz
    OJ 950
    Wakemakers bags
    Heatercraft triple heater

2 of my good friends are agents and one owns his company. They have given me great advice of going with other agents that are significantly less. I use 4 different agents because they all write for different insurance companies. Every renewal i email all four of them and go with the cheapest. My good friend who owns his agency even overlooks the policy proposal from a different agent and tells me he can't compete with it and that i should go with it. You have to shop around or your probably spending too much.