Hi Guys,

I've been wakeboarding for about 12+ years now. Didn't have a boat with a tower...or even an inboard for that matter until this past fall. Learning was a painful experience for me as I didn't have anyone to teach me, but I had watched some videos & read anything I could get my hand on as an aide. Then because I bought my own board, suffered through all the pain to learn haha. And boy was it painful at times. I can definitely wakeboard fine, but I have never been able to take that next step. One thing I'd really like to focus on this fall is figuring out riding switch. I haven't gotten many opportunities to get out on the water the last few years but this last fall when we bought the boat, we were out almost every weekend. When I was doing it a lot prior to that little break, I typically felt more comfortable if we slowed down a bit, then was able to get spun around more often than not, but was just so awkward feeling and would fall pretty quickly after getting spun around or during the process.

Real quick, I know I've read some message boards where the suggestion is to pop up and start switch rather than try to spin while going, but for whatever reason, I learned in such a fashion where I am already turning as I'm getting up & for the life of me can't figure out how people gut up perpendicular to the back of the boat. So that probably isn't a great solution for me at the moment.

So what I'm hoping is that you can give me your best pointers on how to learn...is there a way to learn outside the water? Is it literally going to need to be just painful trial & error? Is it easier if we slow down? etc. Thank you in advance for any help or pointers!!

I've always dreamed of getting to ride behind a wake boat, even just once...the funny thing is, we bought an older one this past fall & have been enjoying it, but now that I have my opportunity, O my...even with no ballast, the wake is intimidating haha...I'm assuming after a full summer of riding I'll work up the courage to hit it, but because I'm a cautious by nature, it's going to take a little working up to haha. That'll be the next thing on my list.