Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 Boat Shows

That makes sense, we used to do a bunch of trade shows every year and it's a huge undertaking. 10k+ for the space, several days of setup, a mad dash to teardown, food, meals, hotels etc it all adds up really fast and is a shit ton of work. As soon as we were big enough to not *need* to do them anymore we stopped going. We'll go back if we need to but man I hope to not have to.

If you only have so many build slots and they are all sold out there's no reason to spend the time and money.
    2020 Supra SA

It would be like going to an Ikea store. Everything is on display but 3/4 of everthing is temporarily out of stock with 100% of what we wanted not available. No wonder the parking lot was empty. A real waste of time.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by zabooda View Post
    It would be like going to an Ikea store. Everything is on display but 3/4 of everthing is temporarily out of stock with 100% of what we wanted not available. No wonder the parking lot was empty. A real waste of time.
    I would say last year and this year the boat show would be like 10% on display with 100% unavailable and taking deposits for build slots the next model year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    I would say last year and this year the boat show would be like 10% on display with 100% unavailable and taking deposits for build slots the next model year.
    only to put a deposit on a boat and have your dreams crushed with a 10% price increase after the fact
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You forgot the 40% 2023 covid markup putting a budget boat into the same price range as a lot of peoples homes
    2020 Supra SA

Quote Originally Posted by BigOrange View Post
    Nashville show would have been this weekend but cancelled - no inventory.
    Yesterday I friend just texted me the same info after I posted this. Weird that we just started 2022 and you seen an update "Coming 2023 . ."
    Bum deal.

https://www.nashvilleboatshow.com/

https://www.atlantaboatshow.com/
    Last edited by MJHSupra; 01-06-2022 at 01:59 PM.
    2018 Supra SL400

Ours still shows it on their website. It’s scheduled towards the end of the month so it could be canceled I suppose due to Covid. http://www.birminghamboatshow.com/

I agree with others though and it would likely be a waste of time from supply chain delays and low inventories. Used market will probably be on fire again next year.
    2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

Maybe iboats, onlyinboards, boats.com, etc...should schedule their own boat shows

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub

Birmingham , Al is jan. 22nd. Skiers is saying they will have 3 boats on Display. Hoping to put a deposit sown on a build then for 2023

Our boat and travel show is still scheduled for the end of the month. We'll see what all is there. I know the RV dealers have a decent amount of inventory now. Not sure about the marine dealers.
    2021 Makai