Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 Boat Shows

Quote Originally Posted by MJHSupra View Post
    It will be interesting to see if there are any 22s left over in August when the 23s are coming out. I'm assuming some customers are trying to get out of their POs after the add'l price hike news, so will the market have someone waiting to get that slot? Probably yes in 22.

Dealers having left-over models is good for us. Bigger discounts on that margin to move inventory. Good sign purchased prices are leveling off.

Should also be interesting to see the 2023 SE pricing if that model is redesigned this upcoming year. 21 vs 22, then 22 vs 23.
    Very curious how many will back out.

I would think most who ordered a 22 model sold their previous whip, so the choice is

1) Exit the sport all together
    2) Pay the increase.

I don’t see prices or demand decreasing enough to make financial sense. Factor in rising interest rates, buy now or else it’s only going to cost you more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

When we secured our 22 build spot in April we built a couple boats just to get an idea on cost. We built an sl and se as we weren’t sure what the new sl would be as it wasn’t released. Between then and when we did the actual build in august the price ended up being 25k more than what either Of those were.
    At that point we were already mentally committed and went ahead and did it. Our main reason for upgrading was for the 550 and thrusters. We feel we did it right this time And plan to hold on to this one for several years.
    We traded our 20 sl450 in and it’s sitting on the lot for slightly more than we paid for it new.
    2024 SE550
    2022 SL550 (Sold)

Was lucky to get a spot for a 22 spot when we ordered in august. She’s almost done and on her way to the dealer!!!

Nick

2012 moomba mojo 2.5
    2005 Moomba outback-sold

Careful posting those pics from the factory. Lovely boat and congrats! It’s going to look real nice on the water. 👍
    2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

My deposit is for a 2023 SL. The dealer didn't have any build spots left/available for 2022. Hopefully, I will have a boat by mid to late July. I did call yesterday to see if they can get a build slot from another dealer or if someone backed out, but nothing open yet. Was hoping to be on the water by spring. At this point I just have to wait and be patient.

And to the original point. It's a bummer all the shows are getting canceled. Hopefully, we get out of the pandemic and as Covid becomes endemic, things will calm down and get better/closer to how we were. Maybe companies will even develop new processes or staffing policies that will be better than before. One can only hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironcross25 View Post
    Was lucky to get a spot for a 22 spot when we ordered in august. She’s almost done and on her way to the dealer!!!

That gold flake is baller.
    It is going to look great in the water
    2015 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

So if a person was willing to sit out 12 months or maybe 24 ….would this spring be the “list it” time?

2017 Supra SA

Our dealer posted some pics from the Milw show that starts Friday- looks like they have 4-5 of each Moomba, Supra, Nautique, pontoons and others..

Looking at their website they have many 2022 Wakeboard boats (Moomba, Supra and others) in stock and for sale.
    Last edited by brad460; 01-19-2022 at 09:13 PM.
    2021 Moomba Max

Quote Originally Posted by Ironcross25 View Post

Sweet WHIP, looks like it’s in final inspection.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by mjb929rr View Post
    When we secured our 22 build spot in April we built a couple boats just to get an idea on cost. We built an sl and se as we weren’t sure what the new sl would be as it wasn’t released. Between then and when we did the actual build in august the price ended up being 25k more than what either Of those were.
    At that point we were already mentally committed and went ahead and did it. Our main reason for upgrading was for the 550 and thrusters. We feel we did it right this time And plan to hold on to this one for several years.
    We traded our 20 sl450 in and it’s sitting on the lot for slightly more than we paid for it new.
    What state are you in and what model did you order? The 22s and the 550 power plant have some juice.

Noticed a few demo boats, once you add thrusters, triple axle trailer, and the 550, the MSRP really jumps up on those. Plus the price hikes.

I would have done the same once my mind is set.

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk
    2018 Supra SL400