Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 Boat Shows

I am in Minnesota. So let’s call it zero elevation. Haha. The Moomba mojo is very impressive. But ones head definitely spins when all sort of other options are presented. Do new boat buys worry about the value falling sharply when production outpaces demand? Would have to believe that dah of reckoning is coming…which potentially bolsters the argument for slightly used…right? I have. I doubt all these boats can surf great but unfortunately I am not in a position to demo anything before having to pull the trigger…damn ice ��

Quote Originally Posted by Firsttimemoomba View Post
    I am in Minnesota. So let’s call it zero elevation. Haha. The Moomba mojo is very impressive. But ones head definitely spins when all sort of other options are presented. Do new boat buys worry about the value falling sharply when production outpaces demand? Would have to believe that dah of reckoning is coming…which potentially bolsters the argument for slightly used…right? I have. I doubt all these boats can surf great but unfortunately I am not in a position to demo anything before having to pull the trigger…damn ice ��
    At your elevation the 400/1.76 trans combo is more than enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by Ironcross25 View Post
    The Cleveland boat show is back at the ix center in march. I always liked it in January, gave you a boost when the weather sucks. I used to be a die hard snow skiers but kids and they sport doesn’t get any cheaper and I dislike the cold a little more each year. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Years ago we had many good times at the I-X Center and boat shows. Walking around all afternoon drinking big beers, climbing around boats, and boat-talking with other enthusiasts.
    2018 Supra SL400

IX center is a blast. I went to a sports show there when I was a kid. They had a hockey shooting area, field goal kicking, speed pitch. Just a blast for sports enthusiast.

firsttimemoomba,

to be concise, used boats may be cheaper but in general, they are selling for more used than they were new due to the market. Also, new Moomba's are arguably better/more features than many 5+ year old premium brands. A 2022 Moomba has many of the same features of a 2015-2018ish Supra.

I typed out a much longer reply but it keeps getting blocked. It may be due to examples with pricing from online listings. Im not sure why it wont post.

@FirstTimeMoomba

For Skiers Choice Boats (Moomba/Supra), they are not like Malibu/Axis or Mastercraft on the large number of boats they produce. Thus why used Skiers boats hold a better Used Value vs other boat makers.

The Moomba Mojo is a great starter boat. If you can find a 2021, that would be awesome, but the prices will also be high, and you have to be ready to act fast or you will loose the boat. So you have with weigh 21 vs 22 decision and price. Either way, your getting the warranty if you buy a 21 from the Original Owner (+1500 transfer fee). Once a boat is passed into the 3rd buyer, the warranty cannot be transferred.

Warranty and Dealer relationship are very important Something will break, as it does on all wake boats and these repair bills are not cheap w/o a warranty for items like new screens or the diag for electrical issue or ???

Luxury good. We are in weird times and peeps buying boats should expect to loose the depreciation when buying new and trying to sell/trade years later. Year one hits the hardest as one would expect. If you accept that in your decision process are in win/win situation.
    2018 Supra SL400

Holy crap a Moomba Mojo at $130k is a great starter boat?! Starter to what, a yacht?

A 2004 Bayliner is a starter boat..
    2021 Moomba Max

Quote Originally Posted by brad460 View Post
    Holy crap a Moomba Mojo at $130k is a great starter boat?! Starter to what, a yacht?

A 2004 Bayliner is a starter boat..
    I was complaining to my wife back in 2019 that wakeboats were getting outrageously priced. This was before the pandemic. I think it is multifactorial, but one big reason is they are so cool and functional. You can use them for all watersports as well as just lounging in the cove or cruising around the lake. With the increased cool factor and technology features more new boat owners are attracted to wakeboats because they can use them for so many different things on the lake. And thus, there are different segments coming into the market with deeper pockets and good credit scores allowing for higher and longer loans. And increased pricing.

But, it's good for those getting into these boats because they are a fun boat to be whether first, second, third, or tenth boat.

Really appreciate the thoughts and opinions here. No doubt the piece of mind and dealer relationship is worthwhile. I’m not sure I want to burn that.
    Since I’ve got experts here…thoughts on the 2020 Makai? Is that hull/design essentially unchanged into 2022? To a earlier posters comments, I did find a local makai priced similar to a new mojo. Weighing that option as well. There’s not a bad boat out there in this segment it would appear.

@firsttimemoomba

This thread has basically gone off the rails. I am guilty as well with pricing comments and other random thoughts. I dont know anything about the Makai. I would suggest starting a new thread "2020 Makai vs 2022 Mojo" or something similar. Then it will be more streamlined to your specific questions. Not trying to be rude, just think it will be more beneficial for you.