Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: 2022 Boat Shows

I picked my boat up today from being serviced at the dealer. They only had a couple of new Moomba and Supras. But right down the road I passed a Nautique dealer and it looked like they had over a dozen on the lot. Several still wrapped in plastic.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub

Default 2022 Boat Shows

Quote Originally Posted by Mxmark4 View Post
    Was really cool to see the stern shade on the se 550 and looking at the parts it looks like it could be an easy retrofit.
    The new shades are nice. I could not believe how sturdy those carbon fiber poles fit into the mounts. Solid. No play if you try to wiggle them around.

Retrofit - I was talking Skiers about that. The answer was NO. Apparently they reinforce the underside where the mounts attach into the boat with add’l fiberglass to support the stress from the poles.

Also asked if that was a dealer NO, how about a home garage project. Answer was not advisable b/c of the stress and potential for cracking fiberglass.

Also said you did not want to run past idle speed with them up.

Looking at the poles, they look expensive if you dropped one on the water.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by MJHSupra; 03-05-2022 at 10:34 PM.
    2018 Supra SL400

Yeah the carbon fiber poles seemed a bit much. As thick as some of these decks are, and considering you dont use it while under underway ,I would think the stresses wouldnt be that bad. Its not like it was banko string tight on the boat. May have to see what access I have to the bottom of deck and see if its do able to beef it up.
    2019 Craz
    OJ 950
    Wakemakers bags
    Heatercraft triple heater

Utah Boat Show was awesome!! Jam packed.... Red states have some advantages for sure. No masks even!

Anyway, I always go to the boat show with full intent to buy, and this year was no exception. Money is no object for me.

This year I picked up...

1. Some jewelry cleaner
    2. Some home fragrance plugin
    3. Extra long, super tough, Iphone cord.

I actually did support a local custom board builder called MONO to the tune of almost a grand with a sweet case included. I love supporting local.

As far as boats go....I'm priced out too. My dream was to only hold on to my MB for two seasons and step up to either a 24 foot + Centurion or Supra (probably Supra because I want thrusters on a boat that big). Rumor has it MB might go with a 25 footer soon, but I can't see it having thrusters, and I really wanted to step up to a premium brand for my next whip.

It was humbling looking at a boat optioned out almost exactly like mine 10 months after I took delivery with a Boat Show price of around 30k more. Glad I bought when I did.
    2016 Starcraft Limited 1918 (sold)
    2021 MB Sports B52 Alpha (coming April 2021)
    2020 Toyota Tundra TRD Pro
    2022 F-150 SCREW PB (ordered 12/2021...still waiting)
    B-737 (Work Vehicle)