Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

if guppy goes to metalcrap he will see how a tag swap could have happened.
    wakeboat trailers have been produced at metalcrap for over 12 years but not their bread/butter. we never had an issue with their selection of parts and bet they are on par with BM. fit/finish is where we had issues with their product and know others as well.

interesting tho as I think about trailer designs... moomba xlv that I know of never shipped on a single axle. mondo's ship all day long on them. mondo is heavier than the last generation xlv. wonder if the axles on the singles are upgraded from the double axles and if they are using a heavier axle on singles, how many are running around on the lighter axles due to the worker grabbing the wrong part. we all know that never happens....
    Last edited by sandm; 01-04-2022 at 11:19 AM.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

From Boatmates site on the only Moomba single axle model they show. So not much difference than the trailer in question. Seems to be cutting it close.

Single axle with disc brakes GVWR 5500 CAPACITY 4300 FRAME SIZE 5" TRAILER WEIGHT 1200 TIRE SIZE ST225/75R15E
    2021 Makai

Talked to one guy today....

Not much help. Was told and I quote..

"We've been making those for years, you'll be fine, it will handle your boat no problem" He also added .."I have no idea what one of those boats weigh". JHC...

I demanded to have someone else call me...left my number. This could get interesting.
    Last edited by Guppydriver; 01-04-2022 at 04:27 PM.
    2016 Starcraft Limited 1918 (sold)
    2021 MB Sports B52 Alpha (coming April 2021)
    2020 Toyota Tundra TRD Pro
    2022 F-150 SCREW PB (ordered 12/2021...still waiting)
    B-737 (Work Vehicle)

^^ Yikes ^^ You talk to someone who sits at the front desk answering phones? Just kidding . . .
    2018 Supra SL400

Uy,
    I think I'd first ask the dealer for a copy of the paperwork where they ordered it to see what they actually ordered.
    My bet is the ordered a "trailer for a 23' boat" with no mention of weight.
    Metalcraft has been making them for years, but have they kept up with the crazy weight increases over the last 10 years?
    2020 Supra SA

Quote Originally Posted by SONIC View Post
    Uy,
    I think I'd first ask the dealer for a copy of the paperwork where they ordered it to see what they actually ordered.
    My bet is the ordered a "trailer for a 23' boat" with no mention of weight.
    Metalcraft has been making them for years, but have they kept up with the crazy weight increases over the last 10 years?
    Along the same line of thinking……call Metal craft and get a quote for a custom trailer for your boat. Then you can ask specific questions on load ratings etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by Guppydriver View Post
    Talked to one guy today....

Not much help. Was told and I quote..

"We've been making those for years, you'll be fine, it will handle your boat no problem" He also added .."I have no idea what one of those boats weigh". JHC...

I demanded to have someone else call me...left my number. This could get interesting.
    This post motivated me to go re-train anyone who might be answering the phone at my shop... Our business comes in pretty much 20% lumps - at least one of those lumps is usually via a new customer ringing the main phone line...
    2018 Moomba Craz | Autowake 2.0, Zero-Off, G6 Pumps | Captain Blue/Dark Graphite/Silver Flake | Enzos + Lead