Default Factory underwater lights vs. Aftermarket

Can anyone tell me from experience if the factory underwater lights are worth the money, compared to aftermarket? Can you get significantly better lights for the same price by going aftermarket?

Also, does anyone know if aftermarket RGB underwater lights would work with Moomba's factory RGB controller?

Not sure on factory moomba but I installed the factory supra lights on my SA after the fact and they are lackluster.
    The upgraded factory ones (liquid lumens) are great but the base ones just make light that's about it.
    2020 Supra SA

A lot depends on your water clarity, underwater lights are only going to do so much in murky water. The upgraded lights are indeed better, on our 18, they only offered blue, and they are pretty bright. Not sure about the factory RGB controller working with other brands.
    2018 Supra SA400 aka The Ron Burgandy
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155
    2015 Mojo Surf, sold...2013 Axis A22 Recon Edition, sold...2010 Axis A22, sold...2007 Maxum 1800sr3, sold

There was a write up on here and some of the other forums. I think someone from Mastercraft started it. They did a comparison of different after-market lights. Yes, they were better then stock at that time.

The new Supra Liquid Lumens are really bright.

If you are into lighting, on a new build I would get them added vs messing around with after-market. Don't think you save that much.
    2018 Supra SL400

The Supra liquid Lumens really illuminate a wave.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Thanks for the input everyone! Too bad Liquid Lumens isn't an option for Moomba

Quote Originally Posted by jderb View Post
    You can get them straight from Liquid Lumens.

The Supra intense flood option is the same as the liquid Lumens pipeline package.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by jderb View Post
    I would go aftermarket on a Moomba boat if you like lights and want something really bright.

I have the std lights on my Supra SL, they shine, but not like the LL ones. I'm not into it, so no big deal for me.
    2018 Supra SL400

I believe that Skiers Choice is using the ITC RGB controller on some Supra boats, so if Moomba has an integrated RGB control feature, id suspect its the same can bus controller.

If so, this controller can control a handful of other RGB lights aside from what moomba offers as their OEM.

Anyone know what light Moomba currently offers? Not sure ive seen a moomba since 2019 due to 3 canceled boat shows.

Quote Originally Posted by MLA View Post
    I believe that Skiers Choice is using the ITC RGB controller on some Supra boats, so if Moomba has an integrated RGB control feature, id suspect its the same can bus controller.

If so, this controller can control a handful of other RGB lights aside from what moomba offers as their OEM.

Anyone know what light Moomba currently offers? Not sure ive seen a moomba since 2019 due to 3 canceled boat shows.
    I can confirm Supra is currently using an ITC RGB controller as I had to replace mine.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan