Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Mmm, I may have goofed on that link. This one should be viewable by anyone.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/pXNjwxdutkj8H6mU6
    2021 Mojo, 6.2L Raptor 400/1.76, Acme 3407 15.5x13, G6, Flow3, +6500 lbs ballast
    2005 Mobius LSV (sold)
    Windermere Lake, B.C., 2800' Elevation
    2021 Mojo Mods

That's great, thanks for the video link. Especially since that's the same model & year of boat we have...Does the bow bag make much a difference? Also, are most 750 lb ballast bags the same dimensions either just either square, a little rectangular such as your rear locker bags, & real long and short like your back seat bag? Trying to make sure I get all my stupid questions out of the way before I buy something that doesn't fit in that back locker. I've noticed, lots of people who have bought fairly new model year boats have upgraded from their stock bags anywhere from 500-900lb bags that I'm seeing so obviously if I bought them, I wouldn't be able to return them & I'd rather obviously spend less money if there's no reason they wouldn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayden View Post
    Mmm, I may have goofed on that link. This one should be viewable by anyone.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/pXNjwxdutkj8H6mU6
    Ha Ha. Now there are some ballast bags and the answer to the weight question.
    2018 Supra SL400

Quote Originally Posted by Rilez View Post
    Does the bow bag make much a difference?
    Bow bags help to make the wave longer. If you have extra peeps, you can make them sit up there.

When I ran my Supra, it was more important to have weight in the middle, center ballast bag with weight on the floor under the windshield. Sometimes I would never fill the bow bag b/c the wave and weight looked good. If I had a lot of weight in the back, sometimes the wave would be too steep and short.

Most of these Supra and Moomba models behaved the same when running suck-gates.
    2018 Supra SL400

Also, are most 750 lb ballast bags the same dimensions either just either square, a little rectangular such as your rear locker bags, & real long and short like your back seat bag?
    You can measure up your rear lockers and bring a portable electric air pump and inflate if you're buying used and want to ensure they'll fit.
    2021 Mojo, 6.2L Raptor 400/1.76, Acme 3407 15.5x13, G6, Flow3, +6500 lbs ballast
    2005 Mobius LSV (sold)
    Windermere Lake, B.C., 2800' Elevation
    2021 Mojo Mods

LED mood lighting can be one of those projects that can go from mild to wild real fast. You can install a few simple single color LED pucks/pods to supplement the existing courtesy lights, all the way up to full-on RGB on a multi-zone controller with music sense that can control interior, tower and underwater LEDs.

Single color can be wired to the nearest courtesy light. Or is using a different color, then you can leave the courtesy lights as is and wire the new color mood lighting to its own switch. RGB is going to require 4 conductor cabling run to each location.

So I am looking at bags on the second hand market...

If my locker is 46" deep & full a bag would be 50"...since it's a soft bag, if I just don't fill it to absolute capacity, this isn't a problem in my mind. Am I thinking correctly?

Also, what is a plug & play system. I keep hearing that phrase thrown around when people are upgrading their ballast systems. From the name, I would've thought that it basically means that you can swap out your current size bags with larger or smaller size bags via a quick connect...thus plug & play...but since that's the stock system at least in my boat, am I missing something?

If my locker is 46" deep & full a bag would be 50"...since it's a soft bag, if I just don't fill it to absolute capacity, this isn't a problem in my mind. Am I thinking correctly?
    Not a problem. You just need to watch when filling up as your hatches will start to pop-up.
    And make sure there is nothing sharp around the fiberglass areas back there.
    The bag will conform to the area its filling up.
    2018 Supra SL400

2018 Supra SL400

2018 Supra SL400