Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by MJHSupra View Post
    Thank you MJH

Another likely dumb question, but we have an external bag that we fill with a tsunami pump. I've noticed both the main ballast bags & the external bag are really hard to get ALL of the water out of, there always seems to be just a tad left in the end, even when I try to hold the external bag such a way that it would encourage the water to run toward the drain...anyone got a trick or a quick explanation for someone such as myself that's clearly either missing something or not smart enough to figure it out on my own...I'm hoping for the latter since these boats are expensive toys & should be cared for well haha

never cared if there was residual water in the bags. we pulled them each winter and drained them by dumping onto the driveway. during the year, as long as 95% of the water is coming out, all good. for portable bags, just put the cap back on and store away.
    worked for us over 14 years of wakeboat ownership.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    never cared if there was residual water in the bags. we pulled them each winter and drained them by dumping onto the driveway. during the year, as long as 95% of the water is coming out, all good. for portable bags, just put the cap back on and store away.
    worked for us over 14 years of wakeboat ownership.
    Good to know, thanks for sharing your experience

I echo what @SANDM wrote.

On my previous Supra, without timers, the pumps would make the 'gurgle sound'. Then I knew to shut off the switch.

Back at the ramp I would turn-on the pumps to make sure all the water got out before trailering home. Still do this on my SL.
    Helps if the fill/empty hose is pointed to the transom, therefore on a slope like the boat ramp, MOST all water pushes to the back.
    Also does this when the boat is planing out.

A little water does not hurt anything during the year. I removed the ballast bags for winter and stored the dry bags in the garage too.
    2018 Supra SL400

The Tsunami hand help pump is a live well aerator pump. They push water, but will not suck it. As soon as the water level drops enough below the impeller, flow stops. I believe the integrated pumps are also aerator pumps. So this is also why some water is left in the sacs. However, one aid to get a more complete drain, is to use a quality check valve in the vent line. This prevents air from replacing the drained water and makes the sac "raisin" in on itself, forcing more water to the drain port.

Quote Originally Posted by MLA View Post
    The Tsunami hand help pump is a live well aerator pump. They push water, but will not suck it. As soon as the water level drops enough below the impeller, flow stops. I believe the integrated pumps are also aerator pumps. So this is also why some water is left in the sacs. However, one aid to get a more complete drain, is to use a quality check valve in the vent line. This prevents air from replacing the drained water and makes the sac "raisin" in on itself, forcing more water to the drain port.
    Good point on the check valves. They work great for that "raisin effect".
    2018 Supra SL400

Does anyone know if the gravity 3 ballast system that came with my boat has ballast bags with output, input, & air release? I can't find it anywhere online & unfortunately my boat is not accessible for me to look for myself until spring. I am looking at some second hand bags & the description says there is just the input & an air release. If these are both the case, can a fitting be bought to allow the same input to be used as an output? Can a new output easily be added? Or should I be looking at other bags. The price is really good so that's the reason I was looking in this direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Rilez View Post
    Does anyone know if the gravity 3 ballast system that came with my boat has ballast bags with output, input, & air release? I can't find it anywhere online & unfortunately my boat is not accessible for me to look for myself until spring. I am looking at some second hand bags & the description says there is just the input & an air release. If these are both the case, can a fitting be bought to allow the same input to be used as an output? Can a new output easily be added? Or should I be looking at other bags. The price is really good so that's the reason I was looking in this direction.
    Gravity 3 setups had 1 aerator style pump to fill and one pump to drain (different). They did not have vent lines or the air releases.

Once they moved to reversible pumps in the late-2000s, they had the same (single) drain and fill line with a vent hose on the top.
    2018 Supra SL400