Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Default Gas prices summer 2022

With the events of last 36 hours and huge jump in gas prices, is anyone starting to worry a bit about where we could find ourselves this summer? Best case scenario things simmer down and prices level off. We jumped 40 cents today here in South Carolina.

Let’s not skip 2022 lol.

Yeah going to be an expensive summer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

I just hope high gas prices is the only problem that occurs. I am not a conspiracy/paranoid type, but between Russia and China, I worry something bigger may be in the future.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub

Oops, can't figure out how to edit the thread title. I meant 2022. I was on my phone so maybe I fat fingered it. The whole thing is a giant mess. Even before Russia's actions I thought the pre recorded message from Putin was eerily similar to something that may have been said in Germany 1939.

Hopefully, everyone has a safe and fun summer on the water and the fuel prices won't deter in too much.

Fixed it.

Plenty to worry about. My coworker came through N. California last week and said he saw some $6/gal prices already, even before the shit hit the fan.

Definitely going to be an expensive summer considering most of my fun revolves around gas, gun powder, or whiskey... Oh wait, that's pretty much every season.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Really though- if the summer is $500 -$1000 more for gas isn’t gonna break anyone’s bank in here…affording $100k+ boats and all..

Sounds funny complaining (won’t stop me from).
    2021 Moomba Max

Quote Originally Posted by brad460 View Post
    Really though- if the summer is $500 -$1000 more for gas isn’t gonna break anyone’s bank in here…affording $100k+ boats and all..

Sounds funny complaining (won’t stop me from).
    Y'all must not get out much if you're thinking $500-1000. At current prices vs last year, we're talking $60-75 a tank. I'll easily spend an extra $300-400 a month as I go through at least a tank or more a week. No, it won't stop some from going out, but many will have to think twice, sucks.
    2018 Supra SA400 aka The Ron Burgandy
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155
    2015 Mojo Surf, sold...2013 Axis A22 Recon Edition, sold...2010 Axis A22, sold...2007 Maxum 1800sr3, sold

I found people concerned about gas prices or even the price of boats really shouldn't be a boat owner. There are work arounds by adding more gas sharing riders and more float time. A real advantage is less boaters on the water and less campers in the campgrounds. You will soon start seeing sell offs for those looking for a boat. You can't live marginal when you have the big toys.

The US won't be affected that much in the long term as we don't do much with Ukraine and Russia (the giant gas pump). If our commander-in-chief stops shutting down our own pipelines we would be better off.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

Prices wont stop us from going out most weekends, but I will be limiting how much lake cruising we would do that's for sure. Drop in on the ramp next to the area we want to surf in and stay there. Will be interesting to see how this mess all shakes out the next few months/year/s. I dont like seeing $100/BBL ($70 is plenty) but it sure take any worry out of job security for me, so guess that's a plus.
    2021 Makai

Add $2.00 p/gal to what you are paying today.