Thread: Go blue!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MJHSupra View Post
    ^^ Truth if Alabama and Georgia make it ^^
    Not even sure Georgia wants Bama again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

I would think it’s the other way around. Georgia would have nothing to lose. It would be a real bad look for Bama to win the conference, but then lose the national championship to the team you previously beat for a championship. I think it would make the whole playoff look stupid. That’s why they should have put UGA vs Bama in a semifinal.

Quote Originally Posted by zabooda View Post
    Any team with the least number of covid players not playing will win.
    And the Covid list starts for Michigan, Dax Hill did not travel to Florida with the team. His brother Justice is listed on the NFL Covid list for the Ravens, assumption is the hills brothers we’re together for Christmas.

Hill is the 2nd best player on Michigan’s D.

Huge loss.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    And the Covid list starts for Michigan, Dax Hill did not travel to Florida with the team. His brother Justice is listed on the NFL Covid list for the Ravens, assumption is the hills brothers we’re together for Christmas.

Hill is the 2nd best player on Michigan’s D.

Huge loss.

I agree with you. The quarantine of people who may have been around someone with it has gotten ridiculous. Actually has been for some time now.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub

No excuses, not even Covid or Flu, next Man up.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

SEC no question gets preferential treatment.

Another reason to expand playoff and of after a 16 team bracket, two teams from same conference end up in final, fine.

Nobody outside of Alabama and Georgia really wants to see a SEC championship game rematch.

As an Alabama fan, a 16-team playoff would be great! It would pretty much guarantee even more opportunity for national championship trophies for us! Fact is the most recent season in which Alabama didn’t finish in the top 16 was way back in 2007.

That said, expanding the playoffs to 16 teams and doing away with bowl games would be detrimental to the sport. At the end of the regular season, for the many teams that didn’t make the 16-team playoff roster, a month of practice and athletic development that can only happen on the playing field would disappear. In addition, from the fan experience we would lose the nerves/excitement that comes with having to win every game to make it to the current four-team playoff structure.

In the end, expanding the playoffs to sixteen teams would result in what we’ve seen over the last 7 years since the start of CFB playoffs - the rich (measured by player recruiting, sponsor and TV revenue, conference and national championships) just get richer!
    2007 Outback - SOLD June 2016
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart

"When you first start out with something new, you're always a little uptight." - Don Rickles

Deerfield - Alabama has had an exceptional run over the last 15 years, but I think your statement was a bit tongue in cheek. At least that is how I am reading it. I think 16 team would lead to less Bama championships, but that is just my speculation. 2015 is a good example, that Ohio State team was loaded and only lost one game in a rain/snow/wind storm on a last second field goal. I think they give Bama all they can handle if they play in the playoffs. Look at the 2016 Penn State team, they were playing really well at the end of the season and if they got in they would have made some noise that year. Of course, if the field was expanded with how well Bama plays I think they would make it every year. They have only missed the 4 team field once. As an Ohio State fan I like the 4 team playoff, it keeps the games during the season meaningful. Look at this year, Ohio State lost arguably 2 out of 3 of its only tough games and that cost them a chance at the playoff. Seems fair to me. However, some years the tiebreakers hurt and some really good teams get left out. But, the formula so far is go undefeated and you won't get left out. The problem is going to occur when 4-5 teams end up undefeated. Or, 3 undefeated and 3 1-loss teams, But just win and you are in.

Default Go blue!!!

I think a conference championship should be required if they stick with the 4 team.

Two teams from same conference should not be in CFP.

Before the CFP, late losses meant a lot. 2006 #1 OSU beat #2 Mich 42-39 is an epic battle. They NEVER would have allowed #1 OSU rematch 11-1 Mich. Michigan should still be ranked #2 due to only loss against #1 right?

Last edited by larry_arizona; 12-29-2021 at 05:07 PM.
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

For awhile I thought 8 teams would be cool. Thus, we could watch college ball the first three weekends in Jan with games meaning something.

Not sure it would make a difference b/c one of the top 3-4 teams would win. But it gives one of the smaller conference teams a chance to compete.

The teams ranked 5, 6, 7, 8 might have 1 upset win, but I would not see these teams winning three strait games vs the top teams in the country.

Sort of sucks it's the same teams getting all the top players each year - loose players to the NFL and just reload.
    2018 Supra SL400

Not even sure Georgia wants Bama again.

They don't want anything to do with them
    2018 Supra SA400 aka The Ron Burgandy
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155
    2015 Mojo Surf, sold...2013 Axis A22 Recon Edition, sold...2010 Axis A22, sold...2007 Maxum 1800sr3, sold