Default Repairing a wrecked 1998 Moomb Outback

First post...and in desperate need of direction...I've never had to repair a boat (other than mechanical or engine related) and I'm quickly finding out how challenging it can be. I recently had a boat accident, long story short, my 1998 Moomba Outback ended up underneath the dock of my boat slip, freak accident. The windshield was completely sheared off, the controls and steering section were demolished. The Outback itself was in great shape prior to the accident...so I'm exploring the option of repairing it...as of right now...but I'm beginning to think that it may be impossible to find the parts I need to repair it, being that the boat is 23 years old. So...OK...who out there can give me some direction?

Very very difficult to find parts. I'd probably take the insurance payout (hopefully there is one) and walk away. It could literally take years to source parts if you can find them all at..
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Quote Originally Posted by bergermaister View Post
    Very very difficult to find parts. I'd probably take the insurance payout (hopefully there is one) and walk away. It could literally take years to source parts if you can find them all at..
    this.

only I'd add 10 more very's my buddy finally gave up trying to source a windshield for his '95 boomerang. unless you find a complete donor boat somewhere wasting away, there isn't a good source for pieces/parts.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Man, hope nobody was hurt. Maybe search around iboats and other similar sites for any salvage boats for parts.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub

Other than the windshield it's all replaceable.
    I rebuilt a tige from the ground up essentially but didn't have to find a windshield.
    A good time to upgrade and modernize while you're there.
    It's a time consuming process to do all the glass work for sure. Took me about 2 years start to finish.

I'd try to find a windshield and see if that's even possible first.
    2020 Supra SA

If you end up selling the trailer shoot me a message...