Default 2008 Moomba Mobius LS Wake Surf Help

Folks I have a 2008 Moomba Mobius LS and need help making the surf rideable without a rope. Currently I have the internal ballast (350#), two Liquid Force bags (650 & 600) and a suck gate that has a surface area of 6"x9". I have been putting the bags on the sides of the boat as far back as I can. They end up taking up a large portion of the back seat. In my family we all ride left foot forward so we put the suck gate on the driver’s side.

We have not put any ballast in the storage area behind the rear bench seat. We need the space for all of our junk and the storage area has a sticker saying the maximum capacity is 150#.

Not really sure where to go from here. My daughter can surf without the rope (she only weighs 120#), but no one else.

The bags are annoying to use and the pump (Liquid Force Super Sumo) sometimes fills them up quickly and sometimes not. The same on removing the water.

Prefer not to use led or other ballast that is not easily removable because we still enjoy waterskiing.

Thanks in advance for all the help!!

Ed Adams
    2008 Moomba Mobius LS

Trickier to get a ridable wave out of a DD but doable. Just don't expect to be creating a Tsunami back there.

What speed are you running?

I have found with the suck gate you still have to weight/lean toward the surfer's side just a little.

How deep is the suck gate being mounted and how far back?
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Very difficult on a direct drive boat without adding a ton of weight. In addition to Berg's suggestions, what size of boards are the adults riding? If your riders are in the 160-200 lbs range for body weight you can cheat a bit by going with a slightly longer board, say, a 4'-8" (rather than standard 4'-6"). If your riders are +200 lbs then you need a big board and even then there's diminishing returns.

In my opinion, you have a boat that was designed primarily for skiing. Takes some work/compromise to get it to surf well.
    2021 Mojo, 6.2L Raptor 400/1.76, Acme 3407 15.5x13, G6, Flow3, +6500 lbs ballast
    2005 Mobius LSV (sold)
    Windermere Lake, B.C., 2800' Elevation
    2021 Mojo Mods

We are running between 10.5 and 11 mph

We have a Hyperlite Broadcast 5'4"

Thanks for the help/input
    2008 Moomba Mobius LS

Forgot to respond regarding the suck gate.

We have it about a foot or so from the back of the boat and oriented so it is perpendicular to the water while try to surf.
    2008 Moomba Mobius LS

You have the same running surface as the Mobius Lsv so you have potential. You will need to just focus extra weight toward the rear of the boat since your engine is in the middle and not in the back like the LSV.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk