Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Wipe down process

Hi all, still struggling with the search function. Two questions for quick wipedowns;

What is your process at the ramp after you pull your boat for daily wipe downs?

What product do you use?

And, for more intense detailing, full cleaning:

Is your process different?

What products do you use?

I used to have a 2000 SAN and I wouldn't even wipe it down most days, I would wash it a couple times throughout the summer and wax once or twice. I am ordering a boat here this winter and would like to set up a better routine to keep it nice. I have heard of babes and boat bling. I was thinking of getting hot sauce and quickie sauce for a quick wipedown at the ramp. The dealer told me during the demo to only use soap and water on the chill tech. We are planning to order a 22 SL. Thanks everyone for your input/recommendations.

Default Wipe down process

I have made my own wipe down detailer using carpro ECH20 10:1 then I add 25% white vinegar.

It works great, very economical but stinks like vinegar of course.

I bought some hot sauce to try and it’s slightly better, just more expensive and smells better.

Either way they work.

Interior: you will get a spray bottle and a bottle of Dawn dish soap with your Supra. That’s all you use on the vinyl.

I don’t wipe down at the ramp, usually next day inside my barn. Mist boat, wait a few minutes, wipe down.

Gelcoat is fully ceramic coated, wipe down is a breeze.

I use Hula RAD10 diluted for the gatorstep. Mist it on, power wash GS and like new.

Glass I use a coating and then glass cleaner after.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by larry_arizona; 11-04-2021 at 12:29 PM.
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

This may be a stupid question? Does Supra ceramic coat? or, did you have that done on your own.

Quote Originally Posted by mgswake View Post
    This may be a stupid question? Does Supra ceramic coat? or, did you have that done on your own.
    I did it myself. Supra does not offer it from factory, I think one of the OEM’s offers it.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

we always took towels from the day and remove all the water at the ramp.
    once home we used meguirs quick detail on the exterior and babes on the interior but we don't have chilltek.
    once a year over the winter do a good wax on the exterior and a good clean on the interior using malco followed up with babes.

worked for 14 years for us. lots of other products will have similar results. what matters most is getting a routine and sticking to it.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Hot sauce. Works for me and the boat turns out great. Gets rid of any water spots.

Hot sauce for me too. Works on the hull, glass, stainless and painted metal on tower too.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub

Hot sauce for me too. Quick and easy. I wipe down at end of weekend when we are done. Little more of a pita since
    It’s on a lift but still fairly quick.

Nick

2012 moomba mojo 2.5
    2005 Moomba outback-sold

There’s a great spot for us to wipe down at the marina so after we pull the boat out we wipe down with babes spot free.

Kept the boat looking good most of the season. I did powerwash 2x this season followed by spot free rinse and wax.

I don’t have chilltech so I use babes on the interior as well to clean and condition.

My rationale for doing at the marina is I’m exhausted when we get home and all I have to do is cover the boat and call it a day.

I use Hot Sauce on the exterior as well, and Vinyl Sauce on the interior.
    2021 Moomba Mondo