Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Been dealin with this damn boat all day pull plug on heat exchanger undid crossover hose and drained v drive (big brass plug) and pulled impeller housing impeller is stuck like hell in there. Spark plugs are next, changed oil already. Am I missing another plug anywhere ?
    2019 Craz
    OJ 950
    Wakemakers bags
    Heatercraft triple heater

When I did mine it was exhaust manifold (mine wasn't a crossover it was separate Plugs for each). Heat exchanger anode/plug, blue plug by raw water impeller, pull impeller (buy the tool 5 minute job). Anode/plug v-drive. Change oil, all 16 plugs, drain all ballast, pulled rear bags to dry out lockers, changed all 3 ballast impellers....4hr job
    2015 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

Quote Originally Posted by Mxmark4 View Post
    Been dealin with this damn boat all day pull plug on heat exchanger undid crossover hose and drained v drive (big brass plug) and pulled impeller housing impeller is stuck like hell in there. Spark plugs are next, changed oil already. Am I missing another plug anywhere ?
    I don’t think my 17raptor 400 has a brass plug on the v drive. Right?

I have blue plug, which I pulled along with the transmission cooler hose and drained them both.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by eder10986 View Post
    I don’t think my 17raptor 400 has a brass plug on the v drive. Right?

I have blue plug, which I pulled along with the transmission cooler hose and drained them both.

Your year should be all blue plugs that screw into the larger brass anodes. Previous owner(s) and myself have only been in fresh water and my anodes from 2015 are still good. I doubt you need to check yours unless the water is brackish or salt.
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

Got my impeller out will definitely be buying the tool. Need to order new impeller, and I need to do the ballast pumps but need tp fond them first lol. Plugs will get done one night this week. Actually they look to be a fairly simple job. Went to pull ce ter drain plug and the same gorilla that over torqued my oil filter must have put center drain plug in there too. As its surrounded by the tank om wondering if I cant take a water meter key and slip over the t handle and get it loose. Pissed me off that its so tight I cant remove it but I guess I also dont have to worry bout it coming out.
    2019 Craz
    OJ 950
    Wakemakers bags

I just use needle nose pliers and work top and bottom and it comes out fairly easy. WD40 helps

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

i would kind of avoid WD40 and use soapy water. Dawn dish soap.

Quote Originally Posted by Mxmark4 View Post
    Got my impeller out will definitely be buying the tool. Need to order new impeller, and I need to do the ballast pumps but need tp fond them first lol. Plugs will get done one night this week. Actually they look to be a fairly simple job. Went to pull ce ter drain plug and the same gorilla that over torqued my oil filter must have put center drain plug in there too. As its surrounded by the tank om wondering if I cant take a water meter key and slip over the t handle and get it loose. Pissed me off that its so tight I cant remove it but I guess I also dont have to worry bout it coming out.
    I have used a tool I made to remove mine for the same reason you stated. Now I hand tighten it and remove the center plug each time and it saves the pain. If you leave yours in the water or lift all season that is certainly different.
    The ballast pumps are behind the false walls in the rear lockers. 3 Pump system there should be 1 on the starboard side and 2 port side. Just remove 2 phillips screws on the top and the 2 holding the aluminum foot to the bottom and they lift out of the way. The kits I bought came with new brass screws so I wasn't worried about the old ones. A couple I had to use vise grips to spin them because they stripped out using a flat head screw driver.

Spark plugs are easy just time consuming. I mean 16 plugs...really Ford! The topside ones are wasted spark anyway but whatever.
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

Quote Originally Posted by Holdmybeer View Post
    Your year should be all blue plugs that screw into the larger brass anodes. Previous owner(s) and myself have only been in fresh water and my anodes from 2015 are still good. I doubt you need to check yours unless the water is brackish or salt.
    Thanks!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Holdmybeer View Post
    I have used a tool I made to remove mine for the same reason you stated. Now I hand tighten it and remove the center plug each time and it saves the pain. If you leave yours in the water or lift all season that is certainly different.
    The ballast pumps are behind the false walls in the rear lockers. 3 Pump system there should be 1 on the starboard side and 2 port side. Just remove 2 phillips screws on the top and the 2 holding the aluminum foot to the bottom and they lift out of the way. The kits I bought came with new brass screws so I wasn't worried about the old ones. A couple I had to use vise grips to spin them because they stripped out using a flat head screw driver.

Spark plugs are easy just time consuming. I mean 16 plugs...really Ford! The topside ones are wasted spark anyway but whatever.
    Thank you! Good to know where yhe ballast pumps are gonna get them winterized too, water meter key worked like a charm to loosen the center drain plug.
    2019 Craz
    OJ 950
    Wakemakers bags