Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

The antifreeze kick was started about 15-20 years ago by shops who winterized boats as on occasion customers would come back with cracked blocks. The finger pointing started there with some shoddy work but also customers also would use the boat and fail to rewinterize. Shops started to winterize and leave parts bagged like the impeller to get them back in the spring. Using antifreeze, shops reduced the liability issues. The only benefit using antifreeze is with raw water cooling and reducing corrosion. Draining works well *if* done correctly. That can be said of using antifreeze also.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

Wondering where this blue plug holder is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by eder10986 View Post
    Wondering where this blue plug holder is

Rear of boat (front of engine) on top near flame arrestor (air intake). It’s a blue Plastic arc over the alternator.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    Rear of boat (front of engine) on top near flame arrestor (air intake). It’s a blue Plastic arc over the alternator.

I know exactly where that is. Thanks bro!

From what my dealer said, they just drained the motor and the do NOT use any antifreeze in my 2019 Raptor. said it wasn't needed. I trust that. if you drain the water there is nothing to freeze.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason1975 View Post
    From what my dealer said, they just drained the motor and the do NOT use any antifreeze in my 2019 Raptor. said it wasn't needed. I trust that. if you drain the water there is nothing to freeze.
    Raptors are closed loop cooling, the engine has full time antifreeze in the block and heads just like an automotive application.

Closed loop cooling requires a separate raw water cooling loop that uses lake water and a heat exchanger to cool the engine.

Winterizing a closed loop engine application is draining this raw water loop only.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Closed loop is so much easier and better for the engine. The last couple of years I had my 98 Moomba I spent more time winterizing it than I did running it. I felt that was a good criteria to sell it. Lol
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

So the moral of the story is if you’re reasonably handy, save the $700 and turn out the blue plugs yourself, drain the ballast bags, and change the oil. I can handle that.

But don’t skimp on the 20 hour service check/tune.

Trying to get mine done this weekend. Need to change oil and plugs too while im in there. Needs a serious wash and wax and put her to bed for now. Winterized my malibu last week, shot a few gallons of rv antifreeze into it since its old school. Wasnt anticipating havingnto winterize and store 2 boats all winter but oh well.
    2019 Craz
    OJ 950
    Wakemakers bags
    Heatercraft triple heater

Fyi....take your time with the Plugs on the raptor. 16 total to change. ECU and bracket are in the way on 1 side and fuse box on the other. Easy job just time consuming.
    2015 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow