Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Another “is this reallly it!” question.

2019 Makai with 400

I have 3 blue plugs
    1. Transmission
    2. Directly under cylindrical heat exchanger
    3. On a line near heat exchanger
    Beyond the 3 plugs there is a hose near the transmission with a garden hose fitting that had to be disconnected.

I will loosen the cover for the raw water pump impeller, but change in the spring.

Am I missing anything? I boat only fresh water lakes so I am not taking any anodes out. BTW the plugs near the heat exchanger are quite a reach, how do you all do it? Lay on the motor like I did or do you take the side wall out?

I will change oil, trans, Vdrive fluids another day and replace impeller in the spring.

Anyone have part numbers for impeller? Also I have the g6 ballast system, thinking about changing those impellers in the spring - anyone have a part number for those?

Thanks in advance!
    2019 Moomba Makai
    400 Raptor
    650 lbs lead
    Wakemakers rear upgrade

Default Raptor Winterization

Quote Originally Posted by Max20 View Post
    Another “is this reallly it!” question.

2019 Makai with 400

I have 3 blue plugs
    1. Transmission
    2. Directly under cylindrical heat exchanger
    3. On a line near heat exchanger
    Beyond the 3 plugs there is a hose near the transmission with a garden hose fitting that had to be disconnected.

I will loosen the cover for the raw water pump impeller, but change in the spring.

Am I missing anything? I boat only fresh water lakes so I am not taking any anodes out. BTW the plugs near the heat exchanger are quite a reach, how do you all do it? Lay on the motor like I did or do you take the side wall out?

I will change oil, trans, Vdrive fluids another day and replace impeller in the spring.

Anyone have part numbers for impeller? Also I have the g6 ballast system, thinking about changing those impellers in the spring - anyone have a part number for those?

Thanks in advance!
    There is a brass garden hose connector on top of the V drive and technically you should undo your water pump housing lid, but honestly, no water ever sits in the pump housing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

It is really that simple.

I usually pull the impeller and let it sit with the cover off and impeller out all winter.

Pulling the side walls is to only way to reach the front of the engine.

I have an older boat so I pull my rear bags and drain but this is also so I don't stand on them doing the other work.

Oil extractor is your friend. Take a 1/4 air fitting, screw it on the oil drain hose, attach to oil extractor line and pump 100% of it out.
    2015 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

Pulled the drain plugs yesterday and I am
    Going to bitch about the heat exchanger plug on a Gen 3 SA.

There is no easy way to reach it, despite it being so easy to see through the surf locker.

Sumabitch!!!!

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post

There is no easy way to reach it, despite it being so easy to see through the surf locker.

Sumabitch!!!!

Larry, don't feel bad for being angry. My 2015 Mojo exchanger plug is behind my oil filter. What a PITA!.
    To make matters worse I have Plugs in my manifolds not a hose connection. Of course one of the brass plugs stripped on the head..got it out with vise grips but just little things that drive you crazy.
    2015 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

Thanks everyone - I had plenty to do today and as much as I would like to say I’ll get all the fluids changed it will likely be after the winter’s nap. It’s hunting season…lol
    2019 Moomba Makai
    400 Raptor
    650 lbs lead
    Wakemakers rear upgrade

Sumabitch!!!!

Not able to access via the skim board locker?
    2018 Supra SL400

Default Raptor Winterization

Quote Originally Posted by MJHSupra View Post
    Not able to access via the skim board locker?
    Well maybe if my arm was a foot longer lol, but yeah, can’t reach it through the surf locker. But it’s right there visually, just out of reach.

I have to crawl into the starboard side storage locker, with engine dividers, rear panel and surf locker engine cover removed.

Reaching with my left arm/hand around and under plumbing blindly finding the blue wing nut. Then having nearly zero leverage to spin it.

Even harder to put the plug back in as my range of motion blindly trying to thread it in.

The Gen2 SA was a bit easier due to the subfloor being deeper in boat by about a foot.

Been thinking about fabricating an extension hose to install making winterization eaaier, it will suck to install, but once installed, life will be easier.

Last edited by larry_arizona; 10-10-2022 at 10:16 AM.
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Been thinking about fabricating an extension hose to install making winterization eaaier, it will suck to install, but once installed, life will be easier.

I was telling someone about that over the weekend. Not sure why that is not standard from the factory. Like the extra-length on the oil drain hose.

If you are not careful it makes your arm look like you got into a cat-fight with all the scratches from all the contorting under there.
    2018 Supra SL400

Quote Originally Posted by MJHSupra View Post
    I was telling someone about that over the weekend. Not sure why that is not standard from the factory. Like the extra-length on the oil drain hose.

If you are not careful it makes your arm look like you got into a cat-fight with all the scratches from all the contorting under there.
    Cat fight is an understatement….lol

Indmar has made drain point extension hoses on the raptors before. I had one on my 2018 transmission, but now my 2021 transmission hose connects to the V drive and both drain using thd v drive plug.

I would actually do an extension hose on both starboard drain points.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan