Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mxmark4 View Post
    Thank you! Good to know where yhe ballast pumps are gonna get them winterized too, water meter key worked like a charm to loosen the center drain plug.
    Not much to winterize on the ballast pumps.

I ran mine until nothing came out. Pulled the rear bags and dumped what I could then left them out of the boat.
    Once you change ballast impellers there is nothing to freeze. The center tanks holds 500# of water in your Mondo. That is a lot of room for expansion if you have it drained. I cranked my trailer nose high and ran the center/front ballast pump until nothing came out. Just check your bow bag if you are not pulling it, to make sure it is actually empty. I disconnect mine so the fittings don't crack, but I didn't remove it. No need for anti-freeze in these boats with closed loop cooling.
    2015 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

Looks like I'll be doing ours this weekend, was really hoping to get one more weekend in, but doesn't look like that's going to happen. Going to change the oil (motor, tras, and vdrive) then winterize. Should be interesting compared to our old 5.7L DDive that was super easy. Fuel filter looks like it might be fun to change out. Ordered a set of line wrenches to maybe make that easier to do. Not sure why they put the filter where they did.
    2021 Makai

Here is a tip when changing ballast impellers.

They make replacement housing screws that fit a socket. Every little bit helps. Screw drivers, even the stubby ones, are sometimes hard to get into these areas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2018 Supra SL400

Quote Originally Posted by MJHSupra View Post
    Here is a tip when changing ballast impellers.

They make replacement housing screws that fit a socket. Every little bit helps. Screw drivers, even the stubby ones, are sometimes hard to get into these areas.

Dude, I have been trying for 2 years to find these! Where did you get them? I ordered some for the raw water housing, but they aren't the same as the ballast pump housing. I have been to Fastenal and another online store, can't find them. I did find the screw specs, but nothing has matched it.
    2018 Supra SA400 aka The Ron Burgandy
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155
    2015 Mojo Surf, sold...2013 Axis A22 Recon Edition, sold...2010 Axis A22, sold...2007 Maxum 1800sr3, sold

My 18 and 21 came with the socket/screwdriver house bolts, they were just painted over in black.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by KnoxMojo View Post
    Dude, I have been trying for 2 years to find these! Where did you get them? I ordered some for the raw water housing, but they aren't the same as the ballast pump housing. I have been to Fastenal and another online store, can't find them. I did find the screw specs, but nothing has matched it.
    Try searching "Hex Head machine Screw". Should have more luck.

Getting brass is the hard part, not necessarily the size (12-24 x 3/8") is what you are looking for. I do not need 100 of them in zinc coated but these would work just do not over tighten.

https://www.aftfasteners.com/product...CABEgJpmfD_BwE
    2015 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    My 18 and 21 came with the socket/screwdriver house bolts, they were just painted over in black.

My 15 and 18 had hex bolts for the raw water impeller but not the ballast pumps. I even called Jabsco, they said they don't offer hex heads for the ballast pumps.
    2018 Supra SA400 aka The Ron Burgandy
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155
    2015 Mojo Surf, sold...2013 Axis A22 Recon Edition, sold...2010 Axis A22, sold...2007 Maxum 1800sr3, sold

Quote Originally Posted by KnoxMojo View Post
    Same here I’ve looked everywhere and can’t find any. They would make impeller changes on the g6 so much faster, especially the bow pumps that I’m having to access through the center drain plug portal.
    2018 Murder Max
    2008 Outback V-Bought new; sold in 2018

Sometimes you autoparts stores have something that will fit. I would go with stainless over zinc if you can find it. Brass will be harder to find

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    No need to backfill antifreeze if all plugs are pulled.

Ballast system, just use pumps to pull as much as possible, pumps are self draining, ballast bags and tanks with a small amount of residual water are fine, plenty of room for expansion.

I leave plugs out until spring, the raptors have a blue plastic plug holder rack.

Hey guys.

I have ready many post about winterizing the raptor and read my manual extensively. Is it really that easy to drain the raw water side? 2 blue plugs, vdrive plug and heat exchanger plug? And the heater is on the closed side?

As I was searching around my boat last weekend I was looking for a water strainer for the ballast and couldn’t find it. May it be hiding behind a panel?

Lastly I found all my ballast pumps and they are mounted horizontally. Can I still push air the rough them to expel any water that may be left in the lines?

Advice is always appreciated.

Richard.

16 Craz

2016 Craz
    2007 LSV - Sold
    2003 Outback - Sold