Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default What is your wakeboarding set up?

Every since I got my boat in July of this year I’ve been mainly focusing on Wakesurfing. I think I got the waves dialed in but I was wondering what everyone is running for wakeboarding. I’m at the novice to intermediate level. At 70 foot rope and 21 mph I can clear week to week but I’m only getting about 6 feet of air as far as amplitude. Yeah I know… kindergarten level
    Call yesterday we did several runs at 23 mph wait front ballast filled all the way and 750 pounds of lead midship. Check out the video below.
    The week was clean but I didn’t seem to get much of a pop out of it.

https://youtu.be/HBWwvGymQ2c

Please post your set up on here, things like Bolt speed, ballast, type of boat, rope length.

Let me know what I need to do to get more pop and more air out of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im not a pro by any means but it looks like your knees are really bent and absorbing some of the ramp. Great video. The lake looks amazing.

Trying pulling rope into 60 feet and 20 mph. Focus on the spring at the top when holding the edge. Then you can lengthen out the rope and speed up. Also, 23mph is moving! Scares me thinking about it.

2017 Supra SA

Yesterday was the first time that I really rode at 23 mph. No only reason why I did it was because Lake was smooth as glass. Typically a ride at 21 or 19 if it’s really choppy.
    So if I’m hearing you guys correctly the issue is with my style and that the wake. Is that correct?
    I have to be honest with you guys, I have been trying to straighten up when approaching the wake but for some odd reason I think that I’m doing that while I’m riding but in reality one say see a video of me it’s obvious that I’m not. I need to find some drills to help me do that. Any suggestions

I remember those days trying to learn pop, you don't more speed or weight. You have to stand tall when you hit the wake and load the rope more. My coach said pretend you are jumping over a fence, you put your hands on the top of the fence (handle) and pop up with your legs while pushing down on the handle. The more pop the higher you go, you want to be fully popped at the top of the wake.

Try drills of single wake jumps, only cut out 4-5 feet from the wake and focus on really pull against the boat and popping.
    Last edited by parrothd; 10-24-2021 at 07:22 PM.
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

Sorry meant this drill.
    https://youtu.be/gPQnmoxEG38

Quote Originally Posted by parrothd View Post
    I remember those days trying to learn pop, you don't more speed or weight. You have to stand tall when you hit the wake and load the rope more. My coach said pretend you are jumping over a fence, you put your hands on the top of the fence (handle) and pop up with your legs while pushing down on the handle. The more pop the higher you go, you want to be fully popped at the top of the wake.

Try drills of single wake jumps, only cut out 4-5 feet from the wake and focus on really pull against the boat and popping.
    That’s a good advice. Unfortunately now I have to wait a 5 days to try is again. Ugh
    Do you think that taking lessons was helpful? How many sessions did you do?

Quote Originally Posted by Emilware View Post
    That’s a good advice. Unfortunately now I have to wait a 5 days to try is again. Ugh
    Do you think that taking lessons was helpful? How many sessions did you do?

I recommend everyone take lessons.

For me lessons are great, I try to have a coach for anything I want to be good at, sand volleyball, wakeboard, wakesurf. But the results depend on how well you take the info and apply it. You still have to put the time in. I did weekly, but for wakeboarding started late in life so the recovery from the falls put a damper on progress. For Wakesurf spent a few weakens with a coach and now really good.

Sadly, I’m about 11 years into riding and still can’t get consistent pop. It’s a huge nemesis holding my riding back! I can try the drills and still just get it right once in a blue moon. Solid w2w each time, but without the needed height.

Anyway, I seem to like to ride faster than most so my preference on my Mojo is 70 to 75’ at 22.8 mph. That’s with all 3 ballast about 75 to 80% and 400 lead.
    2016 Mojo Surf
    Raptor 400
    1100 rear bags / 500 IBS / 600 LeadWake
    Exile amps/tower - Kicker in-boat
    FAE