Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

I've got a buddy that wakeboards at the professional level and his opinion is G23 followed by SA for best wake out there.

At your level I doubt you would really even notice a difference in the wakes from SA to SL (not a dig!) and you'll learn and progress just fine behind either one.

My SA 400 at 1/2-3/4 ballast is magic IMO. Once you fill the ballast all the way up the wake is huge but the motor isn't thrilled to be pulling all that weigh along at 22mph. It will do it just fine it's just working near or at it's max.
    2020 Supra SA

I don’t see Nic Rapa landing any better tricks behind a G23 compared to an SA lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Sonic is right, I won't notice much difference between the boats at my skill level. I bet the riders at the higher intermediate and professional level can tell you the differences, but I think it all comes down to preference at that point. Larry's comment is true, the best riders can throw most of their tricks behind ski boats. Too bad everyone has gone to brand specific forums/social. But, even when we had wakeworld most people were just pushing their favorite brand and not so much objectivity.

I did get in touch with the dealer in Augusta. They have a 22 SA in stock and I'm actually heading there for work on Tuesday so I'm going to go crawl around and check it out.

Water should still be warm enough. See if you can demo it.
    2015 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

Quote Originally Posted by mgswake View Post
    Sonic is right, I won't notice much difference between the boats at my skill level. I bet the riders at the higher intermediate and professional level can tell you the differences, but I think it all comes down to preference at that point. Larry's comment is true, the best riders can throw most of their tricks behind ski boats. Too bad everyone has gone to brand specific forums/social. But, even when we had wakeworld most people were just pushing their favorite brand and not so much objectivity.

I did get in touch with the dealer in Augusta. They have a 22 SA in stock and I'm actually heading there for work on Tuesday so I'm going to go crawl around and check it out.
    Very few people have objectivity when they drop this kind of money on a toy. Consciously or subconsciously you feel the need to justify your decision which is why people are so fiercely loyal. People become so violently in favor of their brand it's just ridiculous.
    I love my SA but there's a lot of other great boats out there too.

I agree, it's still warm enough to demo. Waters probably cold but Augusta is usually hotter than hell so it's possibly still warm there haha.
    2020 Supra SA

Also where are you? There's probably someone local to you that would be willing to take you out
    2020 Supra SA

Quote Originally Posted by SONIC View Post
    Also where are you? There's probably someone local to you that would be willing to take you out
    Lexington, SC. Lake Murray

Quote Originally Posted by SONIC View Post
    Very few people have objectivity when they drop this kind of money on a toy. Consciously or subconsciously you feel the need to justify your decision which is why people are so fiercely loyal. People become so violently in favor of their brand it's just ridiculous.
    I love my SA but there's a lot of other great boats out there too.

I agree, people spend money on what they feel is best for them. I am fortunate enough to get to ride many different brands, they are all great, especially the premium lines. And yes, I think Supra is the best overall bang for the buck! I love riding our friends g23, g21, mxz, Mastercrafts and so on. But those other wakes aren't 40-50k better than a comparable Supra, and in some cases worse. Sometimes the boats with better wakes have less features on the boat as well. What I am saying, get out there and demo everything you can, spend a few hours on them, not just a few minutes. Something will appeal to you over all the others. The dealer will also play a role in earning your business.
    2018 Supra SA400 aka The Ron Burgandy
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155
    2015 Mojo Surf, sold...2013 Axis A22 Recon Edition, sold...2010 Axis A22, sold...2007 Maxum 1800sr3, sold

Quote Originally Posted by KnoxMojo View Post
    I agree, people spend money on what they feel is best for them. I am fortunate enough to get to ride many different brands, they are all great, especially the premium lines. And yes, I think Supra is the best overall bang for the buck! I love riding our friends g23, g21, mxz, Mastercrafts and so on. But those other wakes aren't 40-50k better than a comparable Supra, and in some cases worse. Sometimes the boats with better wakes have less features on the boat as well. What I am saying, get out there and demo everything you can, spend a few hours on them, not just a few minutes. Something will appeal to you over all the others. The dealer will also play a role in earning your business.
    My research led me to Supra along with a budget.

MC and Nautie are not in my budget.

If I had FU money, I would have highly considered a G23.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

I was highly considering the S23. I demo'd it twice and it did more than enough for my needs, but I don't think Nautique priced it correctly. After discount, the S23 is more than a lot of the 2020 and 2019 G23 that are barely used. I really don't want to spend that much when I could get a just barely used boat with many more features. That is why I like the SA and SL, the MSRP on my builds is lower than the discounted price of the S23. I didn't even price a new G23. The price of a new G is insane to me. I have liked the SA and other Supra's for awhile ever since they went to subfloor ballast. That is one of my biggest buying points for my next boat. Plus the bow filler cushion has the gator step and the in floor cooler. The S23 doesn't have the bow filler cushion reversible seat and the cooler is under the seats.