Default Tower speaker replacement and wiring question

I just bought 2 new kicker KMS67 tower speakers to replace older blown out current speakers. I will keep the same pods

The speakers are rated at 4 ohms 200 RMS

My amplifier is 4 chanels x 100watt RMS at 4 ohms. Bridged it is 320 watt RMS at 4 ohms.

Two chanels are used to power the inside speakers. I have a separate amp for the subwoofer.

How should I wire the two speakers to the amp?

I am thinking about bridge the amp and wire the speakers in series that will give me a total impedance of 8 ohms. The minimum impedance required by the amp if bridge is 4ohms. Therefore I could not wire the speakers in parallel because that would give me just 2 ohms.

I could also not bridge the amp and use one chanel per speakers. That would give me 100watt RMS at 4ohms. But the speakers are rated at 200 watts at 4ohms is this enought?

so, in your opinion, bridge or no bridge??????

or new amp…………

My amplifier is 4 chanels x 100watt RMS at 4 ohms.

Two chanels are used to power the inside speakers.
    Your Kicker dealer should always resource for setup and tuning assistance, but with 2 open amp channels, you dont have any options but 100W rms to each horn/mid pair.

Id swap the 4 chnl for a 6 chnl or install a 2 chnl for the in-boats.
    Last edited by MLA; 10-16-2021 at 10:57 AM.

In your opinion, will ot be ok, or i will need to buy a new amplifier as well???

Witch 2 chanel amp would you recommend????

Will the setup be ok at only 100W rms to each horn/mid pair? Sure, it just wont perform to its full potential. Dedicating your existing 4 chnl just to the KMS67 would be money at 320W rms x 2 @ 4 ohm.

The Kicker KMA1502 will be a good value marine 2 chnl that would driver a pair or two of most any in-boats. A higher output option would be the KXMA4002

Thanks I will install a second amplifier as you suggested.

I am using the fader control of my equilizer to switch between in-boat and tower. How will i connect only one imput (front=tower) to one amplifier and an other single one (rear=in-boat) to the new amplifier?

I figured it out. Let me know if l am wrong.

I ordered 2 RCA y spliters and i will be able to feed my 4 channels amplifier with front left and front right each doubled so that the amplifier will still receive 4inputs and feed the bridge 2 channels to the tower speakers.

Then the back left and back right to the new, 2channels amplifier that will be feeding the in-boat speakers
    Last edited by Antoine; 10-17-2021 at 09:44 PM.

Its very common for a 4 chnl amp to have a 2 chnl/4chnl mode switch. In 2-chnl, only thr front L/R RCA inputs need to be populated for all 4 chnls to play. In 4-chnl model, all 4 RCA inputs need to be populated. So no Y cables needed. However, some amp do not have this switch and ALL RCA inputs need to be populated, So in a case where you only have a front and rear RCA output from the media unit, then Y cables are needed when two amps/zones are needed.