Thread: Kids Wakesurf

Default Kids Wakesurf

Does anyone have an opinion of the P5 Shrimp vs Scamp for kids? My kids are 6(45lb) and 8(55lb).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2022 Mojo

Our kids have been riding a scamp now for a few years. Seems to be a good board for them to learn on, but don't have a lot of experience with any other kid sized boards. I will say the scamp is built very nice for a kids board.
    2021 Makai

My 6 yo has the hyperlite gromcast and enjoys it.

The P5 scamp works up to about 100lbs no problem, has been a good kid board for us.
    2016 Mojo surf edition
    1100lbs rear w/ 475lbs piggyback mid/ center 700lbs/ 500lbs IBS/ 600 lbs lead
    ACME 2315

I bought a LF Gromi. It has three fins. At the time I also bought two larger fins for the outside to help make it more stable. Good kids board to 100#. Really stable with the larger fins.

I was looking for P5 Scamp, but everything was sold out at the time.
    2018 Supra SL400

Scored a connelly ride for my boys (50 and 60 lbs) for their first board this summer. Ended up paying about 10 dollars for it after it came in with nose damage and I got refunded way more than we agreed to. Quick fix with some epixy and it looks good as new. We havent gotten to try it out yet but its a skim style so I am hopin my boys can ride it. I spent so.e time on the trampoline with an old rope handle gi ing them an idea about pulling them selves up onto the board. P5 kids boards are always sold out when I look and for a first board for them I wasnt gonna spend more than I had to.
    2019 Craz
    OJ 950
    Wakemakers bags
    Heatercraft triple heater

Last year i bought the Hyperlite Broadcast in the kids size. Turns out it was so much better than than gromcast. My son was 10 when he started using it. Gonna use it this year but it was so easy for the kids to ride and get up on.

Quote Originally Posted by Mxmark4 View Post
    Scored a connelly ride for my boys (50 and 60 lbs) for their first board this summer. Ended up paying about 10 dollars for it after it came in with nose damage and I got refunded way more than we agreed to. Quick fix with some epixy and it looks good as new. We havent gotten to try it out yet but its a skim style so I am hopin my boys can ride it. I spent so.e time on the trampoline with an old rope handle gi ing them an idea about pulling them selves up onto the board. P5 kids boards are always sold out when I look and for a first board for them I wasnt gonna spend more than I had to.
    The Ride is a good board. Very forgiving. Easy to get up on and good for teenagers as well. They will like it.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub

Quote Originally Posted by HFarr View Post
    The Ride is a good board. Very forgiving. Easy to get up on and good for teenagers as well. They will like it.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
    Good to know! Im pumped for them to try it out. I got myself a skim style board too along with the foil board the boat is gonna be full of options.
    2019 Craz
    OJ 950
    Wakemakers bags
    Heatercraft triple heater