Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Moomba be ATX

Default Moomba be ATX

Just curious how those on a Moomba forum would compare a Moomba to an ATX. I’ve owned tiges and now a Supra and both were great. Any major pros/cons between Moomba and ATX? Asking for a friend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2019 Supra SL
    2014 Tige Z3
    2008 Tige 22VE

I looked at the 2021 ATX when I was about to but a boat. Went with the Moomba because the fit and finish is light years ahead of the ATX. The ATX really did seem cheap in comparison. I know it is supposed to be the less expensive version if a Malibu, but it's a little too cheap feeling compared to a Moomba. Let him look at both, and compare seat hinges, cup holders, radio, display screen, trim, solid feel of panels etc..

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub

I know it is supposed to be the less expensive version if a Malibu
    This would be an Axis.

ATX is a Tige line.

I demoed the atx. Really liked it. Surfed far superior to my 21 mojo. Problem was that was all it did. I could not get a clean wake for my son to wakeboard on unless you were going 22mph plus. Great for surfing but not good for wakeboarding or wakeskating unless your doing that at 22mph +. Everyone on the Facebook atx forum and my dealer confirmed the same thing we experienced.

Quote Originally Posted by MLA View Post
    This would be an Axis.

ATX is a Tige line.
    Ooop!! My bad! You are 100% correct and I know that!! My eyes were reading the letters but but my brain just wasn't paying attention!! and no, I did not look at an ATX when shopping.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by HFarr; 10-13-2021 at 09:03 PM.
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub

I shopped moomba and atx in 2020. I've owned supra a long time ago and 2 tiges. here's my take:

the atx will surf better out of the box with no added weight. not even a contest here until you add a grand in lead to the moomba and now its a closer match. edge in surfing still to atx but bigs is spot on with boarding comment. tige/atx are not known to be the best at boarding especially if you have youngsters that require a slower speed. if it's all adults, doubtful anyone is hitting the pro circuit anytime soon so the atx will satisfy most but moomba will do it better.
    the atx/tige GO software/screen is one of the best out there right now and we found the software to be much better than the moomba offering. interior for us in 2020 it was moomba and was not even close. the atx felt cheap and part of the "miss" was no walkthru sundeck on the atx. that has been fixed for 2021 and I know that atx has upped the game on them so would be interesting for us to shop again.
    we ended up picking the kaiyen over the 22atx after owning 2 tiges and it was pretty much all based on interior finishes as they will both surf/board decently for a bunch of amateurs but last minute found a STEAL on an r23 2000 miles away so we picked it up instead but had we not, we would have bought the kaiyen.

these are all my opinions however have seen others with the same line of thinking.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

We were very close to buying an ATX20 a year ago (we came within about $2000 of making a deal with the dealer)- ended up with a Max for about the same price (so no brainer)..
    2021 Moomba Max

We looked at both brands across the entire size range. We ended up with the Makai as the best balance in usability and performance. The 3 things in the ATX for '21 that I couldn't get over:
    1) No hinges on the rear seats ... on the 24', these are very long and difficult to maneuver/place
    2) The manual movement for the rear facing seat ... if you want to turn it around, you have to get everyone up off of the rear seats to lift the cushions, then move the seat, then place cushions back ... just impractical to do while out with a group of people
    3) No underseat storage in the bow ... the bags fill up that space and we found that on the test drive, when you filled them all the way they would actually lift up the front cushions

I did love the GO system though.
    2021 Makai
    2020 Yamaha 195S (for sale)

The interior of the Moomba is way way ahead of the ATX in every way. As others have said the ATX feels very "budget boat" where the moomba doesn't at all.
    Atx wave will be better.

I came from tige and had my mind made up on getting the ATX 22 until I actually climbed in one, immediate no at that point. Everything is cheap/flimsy and plastic.
    2020 Supra SA

Moomba in my opinion, makes hands down the nicest boat in it's class for the money. Everything is in the right place, well built and attractive inside for a little pride of ownership.If I was to shop for one again, I would order it with an upgraded trailer capable of carrying plenty of lead to have a good surf wave. Win-win.
    2022 MB F22 Alpha
    2021 Mondo (sold)
    2020 Grand Island Fish
    2017 Sea-Doo Spark