Default 2015 Moomba Mojo Winterization Help

Good morning group!

I recently purchased a used 2015 Moomba mojo and unfortunately the winter months in Michigan are rapidly approaching. I have been doing a lot of research in the forums about winterization of these boats with the raptor 400 engines and have found that there are a lot of discrepancies around this year and model boat on where the raw water drain points should be. I was hoping this group could help me feel better that I drained all the areas I needed to.

1.) To start I pulled the sacrificial anode plug for the V drive
    2.) I removed the heat exchanged sacrificial anode bolt
    3.) Here's where it got interesting..... there was a picture of a raptor motor removed in a prior post that showed the drain spots with blue stickers / blue wing nut plugs. My boat had neither of these. It showed a plug for the impeller pump hose which my boat just has the hose. I removed the hose from the impeller housing to drain the water....which wasn't very fun
    4.) I removed the cover to the impeller housing to drain what little water was still left.
    5.) Another discrepancy I discovered was in the exhaust manifolds. I read to remove a brass plug in each manifold to drain the water. My boat appears to have both my manifolds tied together with rubber hoses that meet at a T fitting that then drains out the bottom of the boat. I'm assuming these are self draining manifolds? Does any one else have this or was this an addition from the previous owner?

This was all I drained for the engine. I then drained all the ballast pumps until no water was coming out. I plan to then disconnect the hoses and run some RV anti freeze through them until I see it come out the drains. What should I do for the hard tank in the center? I just turned the pump on again until no water was seen draining from the boat. Is that good enough?

Lastly I pulled the two hull drain plugs. One on the transom and the other from the center access point.

Have I missed anything else? The boats going to be stored in a garage that's unheated so its going to be protected from the elements but its still going to be exposed to freezing temps the winter.

Thanks again in advance for the help! I'm new to inboard boats and want to ensure that my new to me toy will be safe till the spring.

Jon
    2015 Moomba Mojo
    2021 Dodge Ram 1500

So I have the same boat and like you went through all the same things making sure I was ready for this weekend.

My boat (so take what you can)

1) Pull both anodes - Place in bag
    2) Pull Blue plug from in front of the raw water impeller housing - Place in bag
    3) Pull raw water impeller and leave cover off - Place screws and cover in bag
    4) Remove plugs from manifold and open the crossover hose - place plugs in bag and leave hose open
    5) Remove both hull drains - place in bag

Seal ziploc bag and zip tie to steering wheel for spring

I disconnect all ballast bags and remove (the bow sucks I know). This year I am replacing impellers so I will have zero water in the pumps afterwards.
    Hard tank I run the ballast pump until no more water - the remaining liquid (if any) has plenty of room for expansion and won't hurt the tank. You can try to get anti-freeze in there but not worth it to me.

Spray silicone spray on the motor mounts for corrosion prevention
    Check belts
    I'm changing spark plugs this year - so I will fog - Normally I do not believe in this unless storage is longer than 1 yr or in wet environment
    Change engine oil

DONE
    2015 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

Default 2015 Moomba Mojo Winterization Help

Ballast pumps typically are mounted high and a self draining orientation.

Ballast does not need anti freeze as long as you got the majority of water out. Plenty of room for expansion.

Raptors are goofy/inconsistent year to year on blue drain plug qty and locations. Check the correct 2015MY Indmar manual. My 2021 raptor only had 3 blue plugs and my 2018 had 4.

The impeller housing also self drains, but I think they assume it’s a good time to replace impeller anyways.

Each time I have replaced impeller there was no water in the housing.

The exhaust manifolds have a rubber crossover hose with a brass connector around the transmission area, disconnecting this will drain them, I leave it open until spring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Need to make sure I get all of the water out prior to it getting cold here in Colorado. I Have a 2008 Moomba Mobius direct drive. I removed the drain plugs on both sides of the engine. There is no strainer for the raw water coming in (not sure why there’s not one). I disconnected the crossover T where it goes to the drive shaft. So how do I get the water out of the transmission? The transmission transfer is up high on the front of my engine. 1369F111-337D-494E-A120-53A5AA6C412A.jpg1369F111-337D-494E-A120-53A5AA6C412A.jpg
    2008 Moomba Mobius LS

I think I figured out the transmission. No water actually goes to the transmission, only ATF fluid. The water stays in the transmission cooler that is pictured in my previous post. Is this correct?
    2008 Moomba Mobius LS

Quote Originally Posted by Edadams1 View Post
    Need to make sure I get all of the water out prior to it getting cold here in Colorado. I Have a 2008 Moomba Mobius direct drive. I removed the drain plugs on both sides of the engine. There is no strainer for the raw water coming in (not sure why there’s not one). I disconnected the crossover T where it goes to the drive shaft. So how do I get the water out of the transmission? The transmission transfer is up high on the front of my engine. 1369F111-337D-494E-A120-53A5AA6C412A.jpg1369F111-337D-494E-A120-53A5AA6C412A.jpg
    I think the confusion is coming from you have 2008 with a GM block. The original post was about a Raptor motor with blue drain plugs for the trans cooler that has raw water - which your 2008 boat would have it different part. On the GM trans cooler there was a lower hose to disconnect to get the water out - I think there was a brass plug on the bottom too, but removing the hose got the water out and was easier to reconnect in the spring. Plus, if you do not have a strainer, you may have lake debris in that too.

The V-Drives had an extra step to take two square headed drain plugs off - front and back

The disconnect hose should get all water out of the manifolds. Before they had a crossover hose disconnect, I recall the early BUs having a drain on the back of the manifolds.

On my 2007 v-drive, I also disconnected the hoses from the impeller housing to get the water out of those hoses. Then reattached in the spring. I never filled my with antifreeze.

I also did not have a heater to deal with
    2018 Supra SL400

Thanks for the info.
    2008 Moomba Mobius LS