Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

My pitch with 100% front, 0% in the rear and 750lbs of lead mid ship I had about 5 degs of pitch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Emilware View Post
    I will definitely do that if I’m ever that way.
    Shawn Murray wakeboarding school is on to do list this winter or early spring. I need to get more air. Had a great day today. Sadly I’m having to pull my boat due to water level. I was barely able to get the boat off the lift today. Gonna have to start using public ramp for a while.

https://youtu.be/0UjvPz34cRA

https://youtu.be/HBWwvGymQ2c

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hi Emilware. Watched your wakeboarding video and see lots of great things and some pretty good technique. I can’t tell from the video so I have to guess a bit but here is what I see. It looks like you could slow the boat down a bit. Slow to 19-20mph if you are going faster than that. If you are already going that speed shorten your rope to about 50’. There are videos on how to shorten it without tying a knot. The wake could be a bit beefier. You don’t need it to be enormous but just a bit more volume with a decent ramp will work wonders. I run 800lbs of lead and 50% in all the ballast and it works really well in my 2020 Mojo. You can tweak the rampiness to your taste with the Center plate. Once you are consistently jumping wake to wake on both your heel and you sides you can start to lengthen the rope. Be sure to always keep the handle near your hip to keep everything connected (you, the board, the handle/rope). When the rope gets up high and away from you it will throw you off balance. There’s a lot more to wakeboarding than I can fit in here but this will get you on the right track. You really should invest in a proper wakeboarding rope. The one in the video has a ton of stretch and will throw you off balance when start doing a progressive edge (you will learn about that when you sign up for a wakeboard school). Happy shredding!
    Tom
    2020 Moomba Mojo
    2008 Mastercraft Prostar 197 40th Anniversary
    Owner Ness Lake Watersports
    Wakemakers “Exact Fit” Bags + Lead = 4,700 ballast
    Audio by Wetsounds, MTX, JL Audio, Clarion
    15 X 13.00 ACME prop

For the SL and SA, we try to run the pitch about 7 to 7.5. Depending on your crew, you can move lead to the washed-out side.

Usually 50% of ballast and some lead will give you a rampy wake.

As @Tommy2Slow noted, there is big difference in a good wake rope and handle.
    2018 Supra SL400

Drove up to the lake on Sunday to pull the toys and bring them home for the winter

2018 Murder Max
    2008 Outback V-Bought new; sold in 2018

love the all black "murder Max"!!

Nice snug fit!

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub

Quote Originally Posted by z28ke View Post
    I like the drying fans. I have a few ceiling fans and a 10" blower hose I set over the center plug hatch to dry it all out quickly.
    2021 Makai

Default October Pics and Vids

Thanks fellas! Yea she barely fits, I built the center wall (to separate the working shop from storage) back when I had my 2008 outback V and thought I left plenty of extra room. The max fits with just a few inches from the bow and the platform. I have to open the door or walk over the platform to get to the other side lol.

I put the fans on a timer (that doesn’t repeat daily) so I can push the 6-hour button and walk away.
    2018 Murder Max
    2008 Outback V-Bought new; sold in 2018

We brought this beauty home juuust in time for winter. Got in a quick demo surf before we purchased, but looking forward to getting that surf wave dialed in next summer. She's now patiently awaiting her new boathouse construction...

We didn't know every purchase came with a complementary kitten!

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    2020 Moomba Kaiyen

Nice! Kittens colors match the boat too! LOL!

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub