Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    But can you remove it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I used it to hold a plastic rub rail/side bumper on one of my Yamaha vx1100's. A rivet popped loose, and I put this on for a temp hold. A couple weeks later, I had to work like an sob to get that tape off. Used goo be gone and it seemed to soften it into a thin jelly that I had to get off quickly before it dried back to a very sticky glue again.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub

Thanks for sharing Larry. Definitely going to try it. Just curious, does the foam type material work better than the dynamat? If starting over would you do anything different? Should i try to find a double sided tape to start with?

I rode in a 2022 Mojo this week and was blown away about how quite it was. It had the foam on the tranny cover but nowhere else. Not sure if the improvement was due to the foam or because of a different tranny.
    2019 Supra SL
    2014 Tige Z3
    2008 Tige 22VE

Dynamat works to mitigate vibration on automotive sheet metal, I don’t think boats fiberglass vibrates as bad as sheet metal.

Therefore foam is likely better on a boat. Hence why SC chose foam.

This foam works and looks decent and $50 goes a long way, but improved adhesion will be required, have not resolved that yet on my boat. I am just picky about the type of adhesive I want to use on my boat.

I am sure an automotive spray adhesive would work great.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Not sure about this stuff, because I am waiting on others to continue to prove it out. However, the Kilamat did help (dynamat Amazon knock off) and putting 3M tape on that stuff is very hard to remove, but 3m tape on fiberglass peels right off.

I'm thinking you have better adhesion if you already have dynamat down and then use this over top. Again, $50 went a long way on the kilamat also
    2015 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

Hey Larry, any videos to share so we can compare how it sounds now? Hearing your wife noticed a change without telling her sounds like a winner to me. Going to give this stuff a try. Unfortunately boat will be winterized soon and won't get a chance to hear any difference until next season
    2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

Sorry, no video. Was only able to get out one last time after install. She is winterized now.

I did find some two sided tape I will try out this weekend.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Factory looks like it’s glued down. One corner had glue, the other did not. Easy to peel off.

2018 Supra SL400

Quote Originally Posted by MJHSupra View Post
    Factory looks like it’s glued down. One corner had glue, the other did not. Easy to peel off.

Great info. Thanks for sharing your experiences.

I have a Kaiyen ordered and will be experimenting with this as well. Having dinner a number of my vehicles over the past 20 yrs, I've spent way too much time learning what works and doesn't.

The dampers probably help a little with resonance and vibrations but won't diffuse or absorb sound. That's why people haven't seen the results they're looking for. As someone posted earlier, it works well to add mass to lighter weight materials like metal to stop resonance (waves traveling through the medium). But to keep the waves from traveling through it, they need to be broken up and absorbed. That's what the foam and MLV does. MLV is great but it's maybe not practical on a boat because I'm order for it to be highly effective it should be hung rather than adhered.

Best combo would be noico/killmat/etc on the back side of the boat panels, followed by a heavy rubber closed cell foam, and finally a diffusing type foam.

I'll give it a shot with some leftovers I have later this spring.

Quote Originally Posted by WildH View Post

Best combo would be noico/killmat/etc on the back side of the boat panels, followed by a heavy rubber closed cell foam, and finally a diffusing type foam.

I'll give it a shot with some leftovers I have later this spring.
    I will probably go with the Killmat and some type of Foam attached to that. Maybe a winter project.
    2018 Supra SL400

This is what I put on mine. I put it on the inside of the trans cover, hatch door, and the floor panel over the fuel tank too. It works pretty well.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub