Default Engine cover and locker hatch removal

I searched the forum but didn't find anything (maybe searched the wrong words). I have a 2005 Mobius LSV and want to get the upholstery re-done this off season. I plan to remove the interior myself and take it to a shop to be re-done. My question is about removing the covers on the back of the boat. Should I remove the hinges from the covers and leave them on the fiberglass on the boat? Or should I remove the hinges from the fiberglass and leave them attached to the covers? Just looking to make the install after the cushions get re-done the easiest. I don't want to have to mess with re-aligning the covers if I don't have to. Any advice would be appreciated, thanks.
    2005 Moomba Mobius LSV

if it was me, I'd remove covers from hinges and leave hinges attached to boat. then drop in new covers, ensure they fit right and reinstall screws.

I would think if you remove hinges with covers, if hinges are not installed in exact same spot, new holes in fiberglas would not be ideal.

my .02......
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Agreed, leave them on the boat.
    2020 Supra SA

I did mine last winter and left the hinges attached to the boat. The engine hatch was a pain to hold in position and start the screws by myself. I also replaced the gas shocks on my locker hatches since they wouldn't hold the cover open.
    2005 Mobius LSV
    325 EFI