Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron.ash1 View Post
    I changed the oil, then ran 3 gallons of rv antifreeze thru the strainer and waited for it to come out the exhaust, then pulled all plugs amd impellar , also put a gallon in each ballast bag and the hard tank and ran all pumps in reverse to drain/ run antifreeze thru pumps . Not sure how necessary the ballast winterization is but I wanted to be safe. Just make sure to flush the antifreeze out in the spring with water so you aren’t putting it into the lake lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This is exactly what we do as well. Its parked in our shop but no heater in there and I wouldn't want to take any chances. Winterizing is the hard part IMO, changing all the fluids is the sucky part.
    2018 Max - Wetsounds - Wake Makers upgrade

A few questions - my first go at this

Looking at my 2017 Helix manual it seems there are just 3 blue plugs (side and bottom of heat exchanger and front of V drive) and you undo the two hoses that rest on the V drive and drain, right?
    Some remove a bolt on manifolds, but I feel that is just if you don’t have the two hoses?
    Do you really need to remove the impeller housing too?
    I’ll run some antifreeze through the ballast pumps to be sure we are ok too.

Quote Originally Posted by smallfield View Post
    A few questions - my first go at this

Looking at my 2017 Helix manual it seems there are just 3 blue plugs (side and bottom of heat exchanger and front of V drive) and you undo the two hoses that rest on the V drive and drain, right?
    Some remove a bolt on manifolds, but I feel that is just if you don’t have the two hoses?
    Do you really need to remove the impeller housing too?
    I’ll run some antifreeze through the ballast pumps to be sure we are ok too.
    Do you have a square heat exchanger or Cylindrical heat exchanger?

Indmar recommends changing the impeller annually, so I would remove impeller cover and install new one.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    Do you have a square heat exchanger or Cylindrical heat exchanger?

Indmar recommends changing the impeller annually, so I would remove impeller cover and install new one.

I have the cylinder. I may go ahead and swap the impeller. Only changed it once so far when I asked my dealer to do it. They did not recommend it until I asked, but service less good in my area compared to what I read here.

Quote Originally Posted by smallfield View Post
    I have the cylinder. I may go ahead and swap the impeller. Only changed it once so far when I asked my dealer to do it. They did not recommend it until I asked, but service less good in my area compared to what I read here.
    You are truly over thinking this.

Download the manual on the Indmar site and go through the winterization section. Anti-freeze is not really needed and using the wrong kind can hurt seals and such in the system.

Remove rear bags and drain as much as possible. Store out of the boat.
    Remove 3 blue plugs side and bottom of heat exchanger
    Remove raw water impeller cover and remove impeller - leave open
    Remove plug/cap from manifold crossover hose T. If no T, disconnect lines and leave apart to drain.
    Remove drain plug from rear of V-drive or remove a hose (depends on the V-drive in your boat, see manual)
    Remove 2 hull plugs center and rear to allow all water to drain.

All in it took me 35 minutes and I didn't have the manifold hose, I have 2 individual plugs. I also have to remove the anode drain in the heat exchanger because I do not have the updated version with the blue plug. The impeller tool is worth the $45, I bought one last year.

I also had maintenance to do and made a day of it, but that is your call. Oil extractor is your best friend and hooking a 1/4" air disconnect to the drain hose is the best hack I read on this site. Spark plugs are time consuming but not hard, just a bunch a stuff in the way. My air filter was super dirty but it is dry type K&N and easy to blow out. If you never changed them in 5 years, I would recommend changing the ballast impellers. Mine were hard and my fill times were slow on the center so this should improve things.

Take your time and do not drop anything. I put all plugs, screws, covers, etc. in a zip- loc bag and stored in the glovebox until spring.
    2015 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow