Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Following.. Looking to do same upgrade

Well, I went with Evolution because of price but also because Rob did an excellent job answering all my questions and I felt comfortable with him. He has YouTube videos on tab install and electrical and he’s a text away if you run into an issue. He had a 10% off code for laborday, so $2750 shipped. The tabs themselves are high quality welds and he includes almost everything you need in the kit.

He’s modified the tabs from his original design, that shows me he worked on getting the tab better. Shipping was quick after a holiday weekend but I’m stuck on the blocks of metal on the back. I would prefer to have those out of the way before install. I’ll try to post a few pictures tomorrow and update my trials. I’ve been down with the flu and I’m waiting on the spray for the glue , which should be here tomorrow. And that’s another kudos to Parrot and Marine formula for the quick shipping. 3 days from order , these days, pretty impressive. Hope it makes quick work of that glue because those suckers are most certainly ATTACHED!
    2015 Mojo Surf

I got the blocks off with the marine debond suggested by Parrot (many thanks) , it took about 10 minutes per side. I sprayed the debond, let it soak, and then used a spatulas on the top/outside of each block the slightly wedge the spatulas in, then I used a flat head screw driver on top of that and lightly hammered and it came free.

5AFDAF1E-3BA7-4627-9AD1-B94B21B35F2C.jpg

This is what your left with, some kind of white pad that I was unable to remove. I tried heat gun, debond, it does not want to come off.
    CE3A298D-875C-4032-B1AB-0C1A6AE0A99B.jpg

So being the dummy that I am, and being forgetful, I drilled the holes for the actuator feet and tried feeding the wire through. That’s when I realized that the hole I drilled is 4” below the floor in the bag compartment.
    A8EBF8E7-6008-4B60-BA3C-2930D3AACCF9.jpg

Now I’m at a stopping point until I figure out what I’m going to do? Any suggestions are fine with me?
    2015 Mojo Surf

I would mock everything up and mark your mounts before drilling anymore holes.

The mistake can be glassed over when you fix the rest of the holes. A good glass guy can get the white pad off also.
    2015 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

The holes are in a great place for the tab, I’m wondering what is below the floor where the bags lay? I’m wondering if I can drill a hole a fish the wire up? It’ll be hidden behind the carpeted panel where the bag pumps are, just not sure what’s in that cavity, if anything?
    2015 Mojo Surf

Redrilled holes and below is the result.
    94C74A04-AF1B-4156-BC09-5CE083097E62.jpg

42FC0CAE-EB89-4328-A9E4-37769F94270A.jpg

Since I had to change the location of the actuator feet, I asked Rob what angle the tabs should be at when deployed? He said that 10-15 degrees is plenty, I am at 13 degrees at the current location. He said more important is making sure that the tabs can retract up.

Hopefully I’ll get the electrical in this week, that should be pretty strait forward.

As an aside, the holes from the removed block were weeping water, I guess water sits in those cavities below the floor all the time? And is nothing to worry about?
    Last edited by SorryCharlie; 09-26-2021 at 04:38 PM.
    2015 Mojo Surf

Those look good

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub

Quote Originally Posted by SorryCharlie View Post
    Redrilled holes and below is the result.
    94C74A04-AF1B-4156-BC09-5CE083097E62.jpg

42FC0CAE-EB89-4328-A9E4-37769F94270A.jpg

Since I had to change the location of the actuator feet, I asked Rob what angle the tabs should be at when deployed? He said that 10-15 degrees is plenty, I am at 13 degrees at the current location. He said more important is making sure that the tabs can retract up.

Hopefully I’ll get the electrical in this week, that should be pretty strait forward.

As an aside, the holes from the removed block were weeping water, I guess water sits in those cavities below the floor all the time? And is nothing to worry about?
    Those look good. For the price that might be a better option then other systems I have look at.

Does this system have a "Launch" mode? (Deploys both tabs to help get on plane)

As for the water, There shouldn't be much in there if you pull the drain each time. I know I have found water in spots of my boat because I didn't let it air out long enough, but I also didn't want the barn cats sleeping in my boat, so the cover went on anyway. Are you going to glass over the holes yourself, or have that done somewhere?
    2015 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

Quote Originally Posted by Holdmybeer View Post
    Those look good. For the price that might be a better option then other systems I have look at.

As for the water, There shouldn't be much in there if you pull the drain each time. I know I have found water in spots of my boat because I didn't let it air out long enough, but I also didn't want the barn cats sleeping in my boat, so the cover went on anyway. Are you going to glass over the holes yourself, or have that done somewhere?
    I'd remove the 5200 square area and then get some looking stainless round head bolts and use 5200 to seal them.
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

Quote Originally Posted by Holdmybeer View Post

Rob says you just have to deploy both tabs for “launch” mode. Seems pretty easy.

The water is not in the bilge, it’s in the sub floor under the bag compartment, I’m not sure if there is a path from the bilge though? The bilge around the engine compartment looks sealed up to me. The bilge in the engine compartment is dry.
    2015 Mojo Surf